| || |
| | BUYEROLOGY
MARCH 21, 2012 How To Get To Know The New SMB Buyer
© All Rights Reserved Peter Schofield. This is part 2 of a series on the challenge of targeting SMB markets and how the use of buyer modeling and buyer-based marketing help organizations to grow their SMB customer base. . In the first article of this series, we visited two new realities. The second reality is that they are finding a very different buyer this time around than in the past.
| | B2B LEAD GENERATION BLOG
MARCH 18, 2012 Lead Nurturing: 9 questions answered on lead qualification, nurturing, and Marketing-Sales alignment
Tweet A couple of weeks ago, I presented an American Marketing Association webcast , “ The One-Two Punch of Effective Lead Engagement: Accurate Lists and Powerful Content” (a replay of the webcast is posted below). The nearly 500 attendees had so many excellent questions that my webcast could have easily been an hour longer. That’s why I decided to answer nine of the most pertinent questions here today and another 12 in a post on the MarketingSherpa blog tomorrow. These questions hit on key challenges in lead nurturing today. How to define a lead. Q: What defines a stale lead?
| | MARKETING INTERACTIONS
MARCH 22, 2012 B2B Marketers Need Every-Click Attribution
One of the beautiful things about digital B2B marketing is the ability to attribute behavior and engagement for prospects across a variety of channels that may be included in our marketing mix. Where things get a bit sticky is determining how attribution figures into revenue generation. For a simple transactional sale, this may be easier as sales cycles are shorter and less clicks are usually required. But, for a complex sale, attribution becomes a bigger challenge. The mandate for B2B marketers today is to prove that their online marketing programs are contributing to downstream revenues.
| | WEBBIQUITY
MARCH 21, 2012 Best LinkedIn Guides, Tips and Tactics of 2011
While B2C marketers focus on Facebook, LinkedIn is consistently cited as the top social network for B2B marketing. Part of the reasoning is that while Facebook is good for sharing coupons, promoting events, and showcasing corporate culture to potential employees, LinkedIn is powerful at generating web traffic and leads. What’s the best way to start and grow a LinkedIn group? 5 STARS.
| || || || |
BUYEROLOGY Your Top Priority Is Growing The SMB Revenue Base – Now What?
| SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
Do Your Research Before You Pick Up The Phone © All Rights Reserved Kenny Madden. This is part 1 of a series on the challenge of targeting SMB markets and how the use of target buyer modeling and buyer-based marketing help organizations to grow their SMB customer base. . As we continue to come out of the deep freeze over the last few years, we are beginning to see encouraging signs of an economic recovery. However, the purse strings are still drawn tight and new patterns of buying has created an atmosphere of even more exacting pricing pressures from enterprise-wide level buyers and accounts. MORE >>
- We are all standing on digital quicksand
The other day I noticed a highway billboard advertising a NASCAR race. The wall-sized photo was not of cars racing around a track or a cheering crowd. It was a photo of a gruesome wreck. At first, this seemed like an odd way to promote a sporting event! And yet, undeniably, our pulse quickens when those cars hit the wall, a fight breaks out at a hockey game, or when the seemingly infallible appear human. This is a reflection on our normal tendency to focus on the negative. The negative is the news. There is ample clinical research that codifies this trait, which is called Negativity Bias. MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Extended Video “How To Use Google+ For Business” Tutorial
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
Google Plus (Photo credit: ivanpw). really felt like I needed to rush it through our recent free 30-minute How to Use Google+ for Business Webinar and that made me sad–there is so much there–so I sat down and used my trusty copy of Camtasia to record just about everything I know to the tune of 80-minutes of (obviously unscripted) tutorial on how to use Google+ for business, because there is so much depth to what can be done that I couldn’t get into a 30-minute Webinar. There’s a lot there–most of which I hope is useful to you. Thanks! MORE >>
TOMORROW PEOPLE The Death of Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
| MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
Is PPC past its Sell By date? For something that’s been around for just a few years, PayPer Click advertising , or PPC has become an established part of online marketing for many companies. Put simply, “Paid search marketing is the process of gaining traffic by purchasing ads on search engines. It is sometimes referred to as CPC (cost-per-click) or PPC (pay-per-click) marketing, because most search ads are sold on a CPC / PPC basis.” ” (Source: Search Engine Land ). Why use something that’s not working right? It is brand-unaware. Making Pay Per Click really pay. MORE >>
DIGITAL B2B MARKETING What Will Marketing Look Like in 2030?
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
We just welcomed our third son, Caleb, into our family. Over the last few months, I have been thinking about the world he is coming in to, how it is changing and what marketing, one of my focuses, will look like as grows up. Innovation is happening so quickly that predictions like this are a fool’s errand, but for the sake of Caleb and discussion, here are trends I see that I believe will continue to carry through the next 18 years. Marketing Will Move to the Extremes Every day it becomes more difficult for marketers to get and keep our attention. Carpet Bombing. Aggressive Interruption. MORE >>
- Should your blog posts look more like this? GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- 4 Lead Nurturing Campaigns to Run After the Sales Cycle IT'S ALL ABOUT REVENUE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- The Death of Website Design TOMORROW PEOPLE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Top 5 content marketing mistakes that ruin your marketing efforts LEAD VIEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- INFOGRAPHIC: Developing a Social Media Strategy CLIENT BRIDGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Inbound Marketing for B2B: Discussion Recap DIGITAL B2B MARKETING | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Do You Believe in Industrial Websites? INDUSTRIAL MARKETING TODAY | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Webinar Invitations: Sell the Event, Not the Product THE POINT | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- 7 Things Brands Need to Know About the Facebook Timeline IT'S ALL ABOUT REVENUE | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Five Engagement Strategies for Bank Marketers in 2012 FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- 3 Easy Questions To Answer For Your First Blog Post B2B MARKETING INSIDER | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Recommended Books to Read PUZZLE MARKETER | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- 13 Brands Using LinkedIn Company Page Features the Right Way HUBSPOT | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- How B2B Marketers Can do Social Media Lead Generation the Smart Way INBLURBS | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Sales and Marketing Alignment: How to Sell To A Sales Person B2B MARKETING INSIDER | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Ethics and Social Media: Where Should You Draw The Line? SAZBEAN | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- 17 Examples of Twitter Brand Page Backgrounds to Inspire You HUBSPOT | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Why My Blog Titles Suck and I`m Proud of It INBOUND SALES NETWORK | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- 5 Critical Actions to Improve Data Quality FEARLESS COMPETITOR | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- How to write blog posts from a white paper CHRIS KOCH | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Everything You Need to Measure Twitter Marketing ROI HUBSPOT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Why Your Company is NOT Better, Quicker, Faster or Smarter!!! INBOUND SALES NETWORK | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- How to Master Your Lead Generation Challenge with Social Media INBLURBS | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- For social media success, write, then IGNITE. Here’s how. GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- The State of Demand Generation THE EFFECTIVE MARKETER | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- How to Build a Better Inbound Marketing Machine – A Blueprint for Success MODERN B2B MARKETING | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- 7 Content Marketing Lessons from Napoleon Hill JUNTA 42 | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Google's Pending Algorithm Update to Penalize Over-Optimized Content HUBSPOT | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Get More ROI With These Six Steps SALES CHALLENGER | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- The Guide to Facebook Timeline for Businesses [Infographic] MODERN B2B MARKETING | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- 19 Email Deliverability Terms Every Marketer Should Know HUBSPOT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- To Make Marketing Automation Truly Hum, Look Beyond Software FEARLESS COMPETITOR | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- The State of Social Marketing IT'S ALL ABOUT REVENUE | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Carving the Perfect Email Subject Line MODERN B2B MARKETING | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- 7 Keyword Research Mistakes That Stifle Your SEO Strategy HUBSPOT | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Marketing Options International ranks in the Top 20 B2B Marcomms Agencies THE MARKETING OPTIONS | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Additional On Site SEO Factors to Consider BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- 3 Unique Ideas from SXSW B2B Social Media Panel SOCIAL MEDIA B2B | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Social media: It’s a matter of time EARNEST ABOUT B2B | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Why Marketers should do Brand Massaging in Real-Time INBLURBS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Fueling a Collaborative Revenue Engine Is Key ACHIEVE MARKET LEADERSHIP | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.