| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | VIEWPOINT
MAY 1, 2013 Make Marketing More Efficient by Embedding Analytics on Top KPIs
Increased Pipeline Integrity Integrated performance reporting increases the integrity of your sales pipeline, and will help you deliver the right leads to your sales team. Although your marketing automation software provides marketing analytics that allow you to manage the outbound marketing efforts that generate leads to feed your pipeline, embedded analytics can help you focus your marketing efforts to deliver the most viable leads that become profitable opportunities. 'Frank Donny is founder and CEO of Marseli , a marketing and sales analytics and performance software company.
| | VIEWPOINT
APRIL 24, 2012 The Cost-Per-Lead Fallacy in Measuring B2B Lead Generation Investments (Pt 1 of 3)
As much as marketing and sales best practices—not to mention just plain common sense—dictate that cost-per-lead not play a prominent role in managing and measuring B2B lead generation investments, the metric continues to prevail. ” Almost two years later, I am approaching a state of shock that cost-per-lead continues to receive attention in evaluating marketing investments.
| || || |
| | VIEWPOINT
MAY 3, 2012 The Cost-Per-Lead Fallacy in Measuring B2B Lead Generation Investments (Pt 3 of 3)
The best way to identify and discuss the right marketing KPIs is to place them inside the lead stage framework described earlier. Only these types of metrics can be successfully leveraged to plan future initiatives that can be predicted—based on a track record—to help sales sell more, sell better and sell faster. Leads must offer high potential close value. Cost-Per-Lead.
| | VIEWPOINT
JUNE 7, 2011 Five Reasons Your Lead Generation Campaigns May Not Be Working
Here are my 5 reasons your lead generation campaigns may not be working: No start-to-finish process: The best lead/demand generation programs are "always-on," systematic processes. The unified lead definition sets expectations with sales, and it helps marketing by creating processes focused on giving sales what it wants. That's my take—I hope it helps Today's guest blogger, Craig Rosenberg, is Vice President, Focus Expert Network at Focus , a company whose mission is to make business expertise available to everyone. and signed like a contract by both sides.
| | VIEWPOINT
JUNE 28, 2012 PowerViews with Rich Vancil: Marketing Ops, Sales Ops & Mashups
This implies a continuous dialog or conversation helping to guide that buyer to the right educational and information resources. He adds, “The best thing you can do as a CMO is to set up those social listening posts so that you’re listening to the dialog of your customers, how they talk, how they refer to your company, and the terms they use.” Then Speak.
| | VIEWPOINT
MARCH 22, 2011 B2B Marketers, Analyze This: How Do Prospects Score YOU on Their Experience?
The point of lead scoring is to assess the value of the prospect to you—the seller—so you can make the best use of your resources. Delivering a great prospect experience can help you differentiate and become one of those B2B brands that businesspeople talk about like consumers rave about Zappos! Today's guest blogger, Bob Thompson, is CEO of CustomerThink Corp. Improved?
| || || || |
VIEWPOINT Outbound vs. Inbound: The Risk Management Issue in the Complex Sale
| THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2011
Many agree that inbound marketing and marketing automation work best
when time is not an issue. This activity not only helps
the prospect clarify challenges and solutions—it also establishes the company as a trusted thought leader in a way that ideally leads the prospect to view the company as a preferred vendor as the buying process evolves. For me, risk management has always been about assessing business exposure and taking proactive steps to improve a situation rather than remaining reactive when there is downside potential. SQLs and closed deals) at risk. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT Why Engagement Will Not Generate Leads (and what to do about it)
| TUESDAY, MAY 8, 2012
, sales are often blindly attributed to content as part of a mass media branding success using fuzzy math. The ugly truth is, for many of us, engaging customers creates profitless prosperity—impressive marketing statistics that don’t ultimately, directly help
generate leads and sales. “Marketers often come from two distinct backgrounds,” says best
-selling author and IBM distinguished engineer Mike Moran. Today’s best
social sellers do not believe for a minute that exposure to engaging content will result in a sale. It does. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT eMarketing Expert Ardath Albee on the Limitations of a Lead Gen Mindset
| MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
And why do you think you'll suddenly pop up on their shortlist if you haven't been there, being helpful
, all along? think the best
strategy is to consider how best
your company can prepare to meet increasing demands for content. Using 3 rd party content helps
to promote that third party. I recently had the opportunity to interview Ardath Albee about the importance of lead nurturing and I think you’ll be interested to read some of the valuable feedback she provided. Yet B2B marketers seem to be more focused on lead generation than the rest of the process. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT Marketing Automation Software that Delivers the Most Data Wins!
| TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2013
Do our marketing managers have the guts and the insight to buy the best
tools, make sure they are used, suck the data out of the systems, and quietly generate more qualified leads and sell more than their competitors who don’t have these tools? little leadership also helps
. James Obermayer, Executive Director and CEO of the Sales Lead Management Association and President of Sales Leakage Consulting is a regular guest blogger with ViewPoint. Software programs that explain the most data, verified by the most evidence, are better than those that do not. Is it really that simple? MORE >>
VIEWPOINT 4 Trends Shaping B2B Marketing in 2011
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2011
As an editor and marketer, I spend a lot of time thinking about the “how to”—in other words, how to translate the best
and more interesting marketing ideas into truly actionable steps for organizations looking to grow their business. That bit about being “honestly empathetic” above is the key: Put yourself in the shoes of your customers and consider what you can do to best
suit their needs. Be that expert who can help
them with their problems by offering solutions. Wiley, 2011). Follwer her on Twitter @marketingprofs. Why is that? ”). MORE >>
- PowerViews with Anthony Iannarino: Changing Business Models VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- PowerViews with Craig Rosenberg: Growth Hacks & Consumerized B2B Software VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2012
- The Power of the Human Voice in Lead Qualification & Lead Nurturing VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
- Eight Shortcuts to More Successful Sales & Marketing Collaboration VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2012
- Jeff Pedowitz on The State of Marketing Automation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011
- Improve Sales Lead Generation via Marketing Analytics Part 1: Four Steps VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Good Reads for B2B Sales - Cold Calling Revisited VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 4, 2013
- PowerViews with Dave Munn: The Transformed Marketing Organization VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2012
- PowerViews with Carlos Hidalgo: A Holistic Approach to Driving the Demand Process VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- PowerViews with Jeff Ernst: Marketing & Sales Must Work Together VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Good Reads for B2B Sales - Selling at Every Level VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2013
- Successful Content Marketing Plans Do 1 Thing Really Well VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- PowerViews with Bob Kelly: Redesigning Sales Process Basics VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- PowerViews with Paul Gillin: Social Media – Pick Your Spots & Focus VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- PowerViews with Trip Kucera: Best Practices & Surprising Trends VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- 2011 Top Sales & Marketing Awards Nominations VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2011
- 3 Things We've Learned After Years of LinkedIn Group Spam (and what to do now) VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012
- Are We Playing Hunger Games? Key Questions Confronting Inside Sales VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012
- The Top Ten Actions to take from the book: "Social Marketing to the Business Customer" VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
- CMOs: Wield Powers of Influence to Gain a Seat at the Executive Table VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Lead Generation and Appointment Setting—Know When to Pull the Trigger and Outsource VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
- PowerViews with Ann Handley: First, Get Your Strategy, Messaging & Story Right VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, JULY 12, 2012
- PowerViews with Jill Konrath: Changing Buyers Require Retooled Sales Reps VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2012
- Lead Generation Best Practices Part 6: Fewer Leads Are Better VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2010
- PowerViews with Christopher Hosford – CRM/Marketing Automation/Social Convergence VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2012
- Lead Generation Best Practices Part 7: Measure Beyond Cost-Per-Lead VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
- 4 Things to Consider Before You Buy Marketing Automation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2011
- Low-Hanging Fruit, “Operation Bounty” and the Problem with Having Too Many Orchard Crates VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011
- PowerViews with Ginger Conlon: Trustability & Your Customer's Voice VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2012
- PowerViews with Bob Thompson: Evolving from RPM 1.0 to RPM 2.0 VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
- Improve Sales Performance with 3 “Art of Sales Management” Functions VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011
- PowerViews with Chris Hosford – CRM/Marketing Automation/Social Convergence VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2012
- Learn the Truth About Leads VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2012
- PowerViews with Tim Riesterer: Targeting Prospects via Status Quo Clusters VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2012
- On Becoming a Top Sales Expert at Top Sales World VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- PowerViews with James Obermayer: Lead Management & Integrated Direct Marketing VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2012
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.