| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | B2B VOICES
OCTOBER 10, 2011 Why LinkedIn’s Company Pages Now Matter More
With one small update, LinkedIn made the company pages more releevant and more competitive with other social platforms last week. The new company updates feature allows the administrator for a company’s page on LinkedIn to now add news and share links that feed into the page’s stream. CME Group on LinkedIn. Not a very compelling reason to visit the page. Why does this matter?
| | B2B VOICES
JANUARY 31, 2011 Getting Your Degree in “Business Acumen”
When I was teaching at DePaul and Loyola the most asked questions by undergraduate students were: “Should I get my master’s degree and when? I’m all for earning an advanced degree, and you will earn it if you decide to get one. From my own personal experience, I believe earning my master’s degree in Communications Management from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communication made me a better business person (my undergraduate degree is in economics from Central Michigan University). Those are two very different perspectives. Carpe Diem Dr. Mark J.
| || || |
| | B2B VOICES
APRIL 29, 2011 Other Voices: A Discussion with Mark Ragan, CEO of Ragan Communications
have been fortunate enough to get to know Mark Ragan more closely during the past few years. Mark, as you may know, is CEO of Lawrence Ragan Communications and one of the leading figures in the public relations industry. When The Ragan Report launched in 1970, the company made the leap ahead of the industry to position professional communicators as business leaders. Come to us.
| | B2B VOICES
MAY 5, 2011 The Most Important Question You Can Ask
This post is inspired by Marc Cenedella , Founder and CEO of The Ladders who offered his single best career tip on his blog last week. As one of the top search companies for executive jobs his blog is a must read. like how Marc offers a variety of thoughts and information to his readers and doesn’t just talk about finding a job. No deep, zen-like words of wisdom. question. Not tactics.
| | B2B VOICES
DECEMBER 21, 2011 2012: No Predictions, Just Actions
Everyone seems to have dusted off their crystal balls the past few weeks as the predictions for social media in 2012 are plentiful. I stopped reading them. There are only a handful of people who are making predictions that I would trust, and after seeing so many most are not taking into account the current economic climate and the themes are too repetitive. Do you have an editorial team?
| | B2B VOICES
DECEMBER 6, 2011 How are you measuring influence?
Last week I spoke at the European Corporate Communications Social Media Summit on tracking influence and the non-financial ROI. The topic has been a key issue for ou r industry in 2011 as offerings such as Klout , Peer Index and the Social Business Index have garnered plenty of attention — both good and bad. and I’ve also written about the Social Business Index. We are awash with data.
| || || || |
B2B VOICES Quotes That Inspire Me and Why
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2011
Looking for inspiration to improve your work can come from many areas — colleagues, customers, partners and even competitors. Inspiration can also come from reading, writing or simply going for an afternoon break to get your coffee. Sometimes inspiration can come simply from a quote. Here are a few quotes that guide how I view working in public relations and why. It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. — Henry David Thoreau. It’s easy to get wrapped up int the tactics. Breathe deeply. What is the big picture? — Mario Andretti. — R. MORE >>
B2B VOICES Is Motivation the Key to Success?
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
What drives success in our profession? Source: Winnod. This has been on my mind lately because as I’ve talked with so many different people the topic has been raised. How does one become successful in corporate communications? What skills does one need? will argue that it comes down to motivation. believe that motivation is a key driver. And motivation is needed due to the demands of the 24-hour news effect, globalization, and the rising importance of communication as a management function. Here are 10 ideas I think can motivate you to be successful: 1. The key is to be a true leader. MORE >>
B2B VOICES Relaunching an Online Newsroom
| THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2011
In 2006 I took a leap of faith and decided it was time to outsource a key part of our website — the media room. At that time PR Newswire was partnering with The Fuel Team and provided an outsourced solution. When we launched the new media room later that year we had a more dynamic landing page for journalists, analysts, educators and customers who were interested in reading news from the company. Part of that redesign allowed us to immediately add social media functionality, video content, integration between the newswire and our site, and the company’s first RSS feed. MORE >>
B2B VOICES The Changing Role of Communicators — A Look at the Financial Services Industry
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
I was fortunate enough to be invited to and attend an event last week hosted by VMA Group in London rolling out the latest survey results of communicators in the financial services industry. I’m an enthusiastic fan of surveys and studies. Here were two takeaways from the study that I found most interesting: A little more than half (52%) report to the C-suite (CEO/CFO/Chairman) with 3/4 of those respondents feeling that senior management feel communications is a priority. If you enjoyed this you may also want to read: Why my role model is an economist. The Trust Economy. MORE >>
B2B VOICES B2B Creativity is Not an Oxymoron
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2011
One of the myths around B2B communications is that the industry lacks creativity – or the drive to be creative. can’t think of anything that’s farther from the truth. And while it’s true that B2B companies don’t buy the flashy Super Bowl ads or use various mascots to win over customers, we are challenged day in and day out to think differently. Another Lego creation at home. Just like with B2C companies, creativity can be driven by a company’s culture. But there are some rules and guidelines to follow. Take risks, but know your limits. MORE >>
- Social Clutter or Social Clarity? B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2011
- The Trust Economy B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2011
- Are you a brand ambassador? B2B VOICES | MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2011
- Has Social Media in Financial Services Arrived? B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2011
- What the LinkedIn IPO could mean for B2B communicators B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011
- Finextra Review — The Growth of Social Media in Financial Services B2B VOICES | MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2011
- LinkedIn Becomes More Relevant for B2B Communicators B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- World-Class Social Practices for B2B Companies B2B VOICES | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2011
- Still Pitching to Use Social Media? Here are Three Steps to Take B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
- Do We Need a Social Index for Businesses? B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2011
- Public Relations is… B2B VOICES | THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2011
- Trendsetting: Are You Ready for These Five Trends? B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2011
- Are You Ready for a Real-Time B2B World? B2B VOICES | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- Social Influence Matters! No, It Doesn’t! B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2011
- Business Tech Buyers Are Using Social Media, But Twitter? Not So Much B2B VOICES | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2011
- Five Questions on the Profession of Public Relations B2B VOICES | THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2011
- Socialnomics: The Revolution is Us B2B VOICES | MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011
- Social Marketing Funnel [Slidedeck from Awareness Networks] B2B VOICES | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
- HBR: What’s Your Social Media Strategy B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Why My Role Model is an Economist B2B VOICES | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2011
- Social Business? I Have Just the Award for You B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 2011
- “Our Products Don’t Lend Themselves to Storytelling” B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011
- Julio Ojeda-Zapata Talks Tech at MN Blogger Conference B2B VOICES | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2011
- What’s on tap for the B2B Voices team in 2011? B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
- B2B Companies Discovering the Value of an Intangible Asset B2B VOICES | SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2011
- Visualizing B2B Social Media Marketing [Infographics] B2B VOICES | MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
- Top 10 B2B Voices Posts of 2011 B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2011
- Need a Strategy? Start By Playing Games B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2011
- [Infographic] The Mobile Workstyle B2B VOICES | THURSDAY, AUGUST 11, 2011
- 62% of executives cited say social offers the potential to achieve better customer loyalty and service levels B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Think. How are you celebrating creativity and innovation? B2B VOICES | THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2011
- Integrating Social Media into Disaster Recovery B2B VOICES | TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2011
- Digital on the Rise in B2B, But Audience Engagement Lags B2B VOICES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2011
- Content Fusion: How Stories Are Shared in a Social World B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2011
- How do you reach the guy with the wallet? B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2011
- Book Review: Empowered Is More Than Empty Words B2B VOICES | MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2011
- It’s Social Media Week — Do You Know Where Your Brand Is? B2B VOICES | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2011
- Content Curation: What Does it Take To Be Successful? B2B VOICES | MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2011
- What Google’s Acquisition of Motorola Mobility Means for Marketers B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011
- Live from Minnesota Blogger Conference B2B VOICES | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2011
- Mission Impossible: B2B Blogger Goes Rogue B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011
- The NY Times and its Paywall Decision — A B2B Discussion B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2011
- A Busy Week in London B2B VOICES | MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011
- Blackberry World: Social Networking and the Enterprise B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2011
- The Beat Goes On at StockTwits B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 2011
- Spotlight on Healthcare from HIMSS 2011 B2B VOICES | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2011
- What a Wonderful ‘Mesh’ We’ve Made! B2B VOICES | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2011
- SXSW 2012 Panel: “Down in Front! How To Control Bad Fans” on responsibility as a user of social media B2B VOICES | MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011
- Integrating Facebook: A B2B Perspective of the Social Network B2B VOICES | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.