- Best Social Media Stats and Market Research of 2009- Webbiquity, March 31, 2010
Whether you need data to back up a proposal for investing in social media marketing for CFO, want to understand which online tactics work best for engaging with customers and prospects, or are just an analytics data junky, you’ll find a treasure trove of key insights and happy hour trivia in this collection of the best articles and blog posts on social media and other marketing research of the past year. What are the latest trends in search? Which industry segments are most actively discussed in social media?
- We’ve hit a new low: The shittiest social media marketing plan ever- grow - Practical Marketing Solutions, March 10, 2010
A local news and media company is getting into the social media consulting business. You heard me right. They’re trying to augment sagging revenues from traditional advertising by leveraging their enormous customer base with this hot new add on: social media marketing! Step right up and getcha some!
- Real Examples of Social Media ROI- Customer Experience Matrix , March 19, 2010
Summary: some published examples of "hard" ROI from social media. As part of the preparation for next Tuesday’s Webinar with 1to1 Media and Neolane (register here ), I poked around for some concrete examples of ROI from social media. Here’s what I found. Socialnomics blog by Erik
- Marketing Like the Big Boys—Facebook for Small Business- Content Marketing Today, March 29, 2010
A Quick Guide to Getting Started with Facebook for small business.
- It pays to provide Support with Social Media- Buzz Marketing for Technology, March 23, 2010
In a recent Forrester Report on “ Customer Experience Pays Off as Social Media reduces Obstacles for Real Change ” they have really nailed down the argument I have been making over the last year about why Support is the single best place to build your business case for Social Media.
- How to use social media for B2B- Chris Koch, March 19, 2010
A guide for how to use social media in B2B that does not involve talking about the specific tools.
- Calculating the Value of a B2B Marketing Campaign- Digital Body Language, March 17, 2010
It’s the ultimate question in marketing: What effect did this campaign have on revenue? In short buying cycles, where the buyer generally understands the category of the offering, and the transaction is quick and simple, this can be measured relatively easily.
- Help B2B Buyers Find Their Place in The Story- Marketing Interactions, March 29, 2010
An idea that can be very useful for helping B2B marketers think about why they need to develop marketing content for perspectives beyond just the decision maker's.
- Inside the Mind of the B2B Buyer – New Paths to Purchase- Fearless Competitor, March 1, 2010
How the B2B buying cycle has changed.
- The Dos and Don'ts of B2B Content Reuse- Savvy B2B Marketing, March 30, 2010
Content reuse is a great idea because effective content is time-consuming to produce, and you want to extend its reach as much as possible.
- B2B Online Marketers Focus on Lead Gen - eMarketer, March 4, 2010
Lead generation for B2B Marketing.
- 12 Mobile Marketing Stats You Need to Know- Junta 42, March 31, 2010
Some interesting mobile marketing stats.
- Step Aside, B2Cs: Social Media Is BUSINESS Media.- B2B Marketing Online, March 11, 2010
How social media applies to our target audience of business professionals, and help us achieve our B2B revenue goals.
- Social media and thought leadership: The virtuous circle for B2B marketing- Reputation to Revenue, March 11, 2010
As B2B marketers invest more money and time in both thought leadership and social media, they risk missing a great deal of potential benefit they can achieve by bringing the two together in a holistic way.
- How to Get Coverage in Blogs – Really- Webbiquity, March 22, 2010
B2b marketers and PR pros know that getting coverage in an industry-specific blog is highly beneficial. Blog links are valuable for SEO. Relevant blogs can drive targeted direct traffic from the blogger’s social media sphere of influence. And coverage from independent bloggers enhances a company’s reputation and credibility.
- How to use Twitter to crowd-source creativity- grow - Practical Marketing Solutions, March 2, 2010
How to use twitter in a virtual company.
- Social Media Budget Ratio in B2B Marketing- Buzz Marketing for Technology, March 9, 2010
What is the appropriate level of budget to support social media for a B2B company?
- How to get others to blog- Chris Koch, March 26, 2010
One of the biggest challenges for B2B social media marketers isn’t creating content, it’s helping others create content. Marketing is the default head of social media management in most companies. And while marketers can create some social media content, they can (and should) rely on their subject matter experts (SMEs) to create most of the stuff that’s going to build trust and relationships with customers.
- The New Revenue Engine: Drive Predictable Revenue by Managing Your Revenue Machine- Modern B2B Marketing, March 25, 2010
Today’s best companies are using a new revenue engine that uses repeatable marketing and sales 2.0 techniques to grow revenue predictably and reliably.
- Message Delivery vs. Message Discovery- Digital Body Language, March 9, 2010
The most obvious change in marketing that we are seeing lately comes down to how our messages reach their intended recipients. This is driven, of course, by changes in the behavior of our audience of potential buyers. The information “filters” we use are shifting from being economic filters, driven by publishers, to social filters, driven by the relevance of individuals and their messages.
- Your Own Live News Truck Plus Social Conversations – Here’s How- Marketing Edge, March 22, 2010
As a corporate communications person, PR executive or marketer, you should be chomping at the bit to have your own live news truck. Just think, off to the scene of some speech by a senior executive, a product demo, major event that your company is sponsoring and you whip out a camera, throw up your antenna and upload a live feed.
- Three Components Of A Buyer Persona Game Plan That Inform Executives - Buyer Persona Insights, March 22, 2010
Today’s executives, particularly in sales and marketing, are facing increasing pressure to come up with game plans to engage the buyer.
- 7 Demand Generation Best Practices- Marketing Genius Blog, March 11, 2010
This post presents 7 best practices for demand generation and provides many ideas to improve your marketing campaigns and lead generation effort
- With this checklist, you can build a compelling landing page- B2B Web Strategy, March 11, 2010
It may be the most critical component of your pay per click (PPC) program. It’s where your visitor decides either that there’s something here worthy of further evaluation …or that she’ll just click on over to YouTube (or somewhere).
- If B2B marketers do nothing else, they should follow these 9 rules.- B2BMarketingSmarts, March 8, 2010
9 simple rules that are at the heart of B2B Marketing.