Ambal Balakrishnan and I have been having some interesting conversations around her interview series and how it relates to B2B Marketing, visible networking and Browse My Stuff. Her recent post: Aggregating the Best Content in B2B Marketing covers a lot of ground on aggregation especially as it relates to B2B Marketing. Here's a bit of my discussion with Ambal: Tell me a bit about your background:
I'm the co-founder of ClickDocuments which leverages my background as a technologist-turned-marketer with diverse experience in the corporate world – engineering, program management, business development, strategy and marketing at Cisco and TeleCordia.
Some other bits of background about Ambal:
- Ambal's book "Content Marketing Tweets: Bite sized tips on creating compelling content your customers and prospects will love" will be published in late 2009.
- Ambal received Masters in Computer Science from Purdue University and MBA from Wharton, Univ. of Penn. She lives with her family in Silicon Valley. She loves reading, music and hiking.
- Ambal's Blog: ClickDocuments - Connect the Docs
- Ambal's Twitter: Ambal ClickDocuments
I really like what you are doing with your interviews?
I am very glad to hear that you like ClickInsights Expert Interview Series. Several of our readers and fellow bloggers have told us they have found great value in the Interviews. We do two tracks of Expert Interviews.
The goal for our Experts interview Series is multi-fold:
- In ClickInsights Expert Interview Series we feature top notch industry experts and thought leaders and get their insights, opinions and predictions. We also ask for their suggestions on recommended reading resources to keep abreast with latest trends in their industry.
- ClickLaunch is ClickDocuments’ platform for launching new and exciting eBooks, books and white papers. We feature top notch industry experts and thought leaders and get an exclusive insider view into their latest creation.
- Educate and inform blog readers (readers at all the blogs of expert who are part of the ClickInsights interview Series as well as readers at ClickDocuments).
- Cross-pollinate ideas in Content Marketing , B2B Marketing, Social Media Marketing, White Papers/Case Studies Writing/Marketing etc
- Give tips in byte size format. In ClickInsights Expert Interview Series we tackle only one question at a time and collect tips for that one question from several experts. After reading the expert tips blog post, if the reader takes away even one relevant tip to use in their business, our project is an awesome WIN.
Are the interviews working well for you? If so, in what ways?
My team is following the Commandments of Good (Community) Blogging highlighted by blogging gurus like Successful Blog’s Liz Strauss and Problogger's Darren Rowse. ClickInsights Expert Interview Series has served as a fantastic route for me and my team to build great comradeship with fellow bloggers who are key influencers within many fields in marketing. Social Media (including blogging, twitter etc) is about building trust and relationships with our prospects, customer and community. Every day, through every post and tweet my team strives to be a unique, authentic and knowledgeable voice in the marketing arena. My friend/business-partner Rajesh Setty, fellow blogger Francis Raymond and development team StressLimitDesign(Justin Evans and Colin Vernon) need a special mention. These 4 stalwarts are my partners-in-crime for making the ClickInsights Expert Interview Series what it is today. I would love to hear from you on how we can improve our ClickInsights Expert Interview Series and provide better value to readers.
You’ve been blogging for a while, what are five good posts that I should check out?
Top performing interview blog posts are as follows:
My most popular blog posts are as follows:
- ClickInsights: Tips on how B2B marketers should leverage social media
- ClickInsights: What is the biggest mistake to avoid in B2B Content Marketing?
Great stuff Ambal. I look forward to continued conversation around this. I'm definitely going to take advantage of some of your ideas around expert interviews in what I'm doing with Visible Networking.