| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JANUARY 11, 2010 How marketers can help prevent lost sales.
When it comes to sales, these are mine: I spent eight years selling radio advertising. It was not a complex sale, so there was no marketing department involved, no support sales team, no automated nurturing, no scoring, and no free content offers. On one hand, I think sales should do it all. On the other, I think they are too lazy to do anything except close sales.
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JULY 27, 2010 Bad thoughts that block B2B marketing success.
All of these companies have used — and continue to use — direct mail marketing to reach their target markets, including IT, because it cost-effectively generates leads and sales. Blogs are mostly written from the experience of the individual blogger. “Our target is IT. They won’t respond to direct mail marketing. They do everything online.. Yikes!
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
MARCH 8, 2010 If B2B marketers do nothing else, they should follow these 9 rules.
The Sales Lead Management Association recently invited its members to vote for the 50 Most Influential Sales Lead Management Professionals. In the area of lead nurturing, when asked, “If someone wants to nurture sales inquiries, what process would you recommend? Most buyers will not want to engage with sales until they have done their due diligence.
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JANUARY 25, 2012 B2B marketing and sales is still about people.
B2B marketing and sales is still about people. Lead Handling and Nurturing Sales and Marketing B2B Marketing SalesPaul Mosenson, President of NuSpark Marketing, is a very handy colleague to have. As a content aficionado, he frequently forwards valuable B2B marketing info that I might miss seeing otherwise. Recently he sent me a copy of a report from 2009 loaded with interesting insight into the behavior of business buyers. The 202 pages in [.] is a post from: B2BMarketingSmarts.
| || || || |
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS 4 Tactics for Getting B2B Marketing Programs Approved and Implemented Faster.
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2010
This goes for the customer service manager, the sales
manager or any other executive whose department has some stake in the results of the marketing program. These suggestions may not be simple to implement, but they seem well worth the effort and will pay off in generating more leads, quickly moving those leads to being sales
-ready and eliminating lost sales
by doing too little, too late. I love my clients. But sometimes I am frustrated by how long it takes from the beginning of the creation of a marketing program to its final implementation. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS My 5 favorite B2B marketing numbers.
| TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2010
Numbers such as click-thrus, cost-per-lead, cost-per-sale
and ROI dominate the landscape of marketing discussions. The reason nurturing leads is critical in maximizing sales
: 45% of new leads generated will buy from someone in the industry category within 12 months. Everyone — except perhaps the creative folks in advertising agencies — knows that marketing is a numbers game. like numbers. So, it makes sense to share my 5 favorite numbers to help other marketers experience the confidence and the joy that numbers bring to the strategic process. didn’t devise these numbers. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS A B2B marketing message angle that could close sales.
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2009
It came from Christine Durkin of MockVideo when she commented on a LinkedIn discussion asking “Is there a silver bullet answer to shortening the technology B2B sales
cycle?. Her comment was “One of the main reasons a B2B sale
is lost is that the prospect isn’t truly aware of the cost of doing nothing.. Providing a calculator or quantitative numbers on what it’s costing a prospect to NOT make a decision tells a powerful story that could close a sale
. In an earlier post, I talked about what motivates business buyers to buy. 2. To save money. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS B2B marketing insight — from “sales” no less.
| MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011
B2B marketing insight — from “sales
no less. Colleague Casey Hibbard’s specialty is case studies. All of us in B2B marketing agree that case studies are a critical element in our success. But Casey’s July Stories that Sell Tip of the Month email revealed a very interesting story about the use and focus of case studies that is worth passing along. On a [.] is a post from: B2BMarketingSmarts MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS Today’s 3 Biggest B2B Marketing Success Barriers are Human
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
It is NOT the product manager’s job to insist that B2B marketing messages be jammed with a list of features in the mistaken belief that doing so is all it takes to generate sales
. Barrier #3: Sales
Manager. As nicely defined by Rob Halvorsen , a contributing writer for Sales
Careers Online , “Typically, sales
managers direct a company’s sales
program. They assign sales
territories, set goals, and establish training programs for their sales
representatives. Barrier #1: CEO. Barrier #2: Product Manager. MORE >>
- The two biggest B2B marketing campaign essentials. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2011
- B2B Marketing Tip of the Day: Stop asking questions. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
- For B2B marketing success in 2011 — start with the data. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2011
- Four B2B best practices for late buy-cycle marketing B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2011
- B2B Marketing to Men vs. Women B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- Outbound calling works in B2B marketing and I can prove it. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012
- B2B marketing automation: 3 essential considerations. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
- Take your B2B trade show booth from boring to spectacular. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012
- Does your Website fail to deliver these 3 basics? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 2010
- In B2B marketing “Nobody Does it Better” than the customer. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, MAY 23, 2011
- Effective B2B marketing requires budget AND brains. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011
- B2B marketing basics for filling the sales pipeline. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2011
- Today’s 3 Biggest B2B Marketing Success Barriers are Human: Part II B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2011
- Policies that put B2B marketing and sales on the same page. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- One little B2B marketing copy secret I learned in sales. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
- Inbound and Outbound B2B Marketers Have the Same Challenge B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
- Discovering the true power of personal B2B marketing videos. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2013
- The best place to start all B2B marketing efforts. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2010
- B2B marketers: Have you earned your cred? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2011
- A few early B2B marketing ideas from Santa. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2011
- Why B2B marketers should know when lead relationships start. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2011
- Two simple B2B marketing ideas I wish I’d thought of. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2009
- Tips for winning the B2B company or product “name game.” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011
- My “duh” moment on the vital need for both inbound AND outbound B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2010
- 5 ways B2B companies can make millions from referrals. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
- Four Rules for Communicating with the “Crazy-Busy Prospect” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2010
- 20 years of marketing know-how summarized in 3 words B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2010
- B2B Marketers: Put your competition in its place. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
- How often to send B2B lead acquisition efforts? Find your Uncle Harry. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
- In B2B marketing and sales, Virginia, there is no Santa Claus. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2010
- One great B2B marketing reminder and one new trend. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011
- Single B2B marketing effort delivers $30MM in new business. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2012
- B2B marketing that uncovers hot leads & builds involvement. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2013
- Are B2B marketers offering too much stuff and not enough information? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2009
- In B2B marketing, it’s a no-compromise world. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- B2B marketing content — 4 important rules. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, MAY 9, 2011
- B2B marketers must tell their CEOs to stop playing golf. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2010
- A B2B marketing and sales book everyone has time to read. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MAY 31, 2011
- Non-stop tips and insights for the muddled B2B marketing mind. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2011
- B2B Marketing needs the ducks and the bird dogs. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2011
- Two more ways to keep the camels out of B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2010
- Making B2B marketing personalization personal B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2010
- 3 things B2B marketers can learn from retailers. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010
- In B2B marketing — data is the new creative. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2009
- How B2B marketers can help overcome the “no budget” excuse B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- The B2B marketing “wow” that counts is the one on the bottom line. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 23, 2010
- Want to be a B2B business-development pro? Start here. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010
- Conduct B2B marketing research in 15 minutes or less. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Two cool (and useful) services for B2B marketers B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2011
- Email lead generation — perception vs. reality. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
- How are you ending your first date with B2B prospects? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2009
- B2B marketers should watch their words. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
- B2B marketing “Advice from the Top. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- B2B Marketers — Don’t Go Out Without Your Makeup. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2010
- Advice to most B2B marketers: “Don’t sweat the big stuff.” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2010
- The more B2B marketing changes, the more it stays the same. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010
- Do today’s B2B marketing messages need to change? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2011
- Are your sales people being naughty or nice? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- When using comparison charts hurts sales. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2009
- Boost B2B sales with an “in your face” approach. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2009
- Some B2B marketers need to come out of the dark. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009
- B2B Marketing Smarts now part of B2B Marketing Zone B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2009
- Why it’s OK to be anti-social media. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- The best tips from B2BMarketingSmarts — so far. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009
- Subject testing: Hate it in the classroom, love it in B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, JUNE 7, 2010
- Is anything missing from your online B2B brand? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.