| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | BIZNOLOGY
APRIL 29, 2013 B2B Marketers Should Take Another Look at E-Commerce
worthy example is Dow Corning, which found itself under huge price pressure, as the silicone category grew commoditized. To meet the market demand for lower prices, Dow Corning launched in 2002 an entirely new brand, called Xiameter , where customers could buy trailer-loads of certain products at a 10-15% discount through a newly built e-commerce engine. 'Photo credit: Wikipedia.
| | BIZNOLOGY
NOVEMBER 1, 2012 How the Internet has made your B2B sales process outdated
Budgets whipsaw back and forth as results as reported, because everyone knows immediately how they are doing and make rapid course corrections, in part because the Internet has raised stick price speculations to a high art. Photo credit: eric.delcroix. I’m old. 30 years ago, I learned how IBM qualified leads for sales. Whatever you do is your process. Please sign up if you are in town.)
| || || |
| | BIZNOLOGY
FEBRUARY 12, 2013 Build some social media marketing backbone you big wuss
If you can’t compete on price alone, you need to learn to connect, to be recognized, become favored, and then loved. I recently received a comment chastising me for suggesting that your web site should be a trap from Peter Johnston , who said, “This attitude has no place in modern marketing. In a social world, trapped customers scream loudly enough for everyone to hear.
| | BIZNOLOGY
FEBRUARY 19, 2013 Mea maxima culpa marketing
If you struggle, fight, or allow your ego to not handle the embarrassment, you will not only not be forgiven or laughed off as a glitch or the price of doing business, you’ll probably rather end up on The Bad Pitch Blog or the subject of a case study of what not to do in Communications or with Email. Something’s always going to go wrong. Murphy’s law demands it. Embrace it.
| | BIZNOLOGY
APRIL 22, 2013 Enterprise Social Networking Platforms: Think Amazon, Not Facebook
There’s a great quote by Bezos in that same Inc.com interview about how the stock market determines value in the short-term and in the long-term: “I care very much about our share owners, and so I care very much about our long term share price. 'amazon.com (Photo credit: soumit). kid you not: even though Amazon predated the whole Web 2.0 Read on to understand why. in 1997.
| | BIZNOLOGY
JUNE 16, 2010 Is marketing more than a trick?
We need to remember that the other three involve having what our customer wants, where they want it, and at the price they want it. Image by jeffreylcohen via Flickr. I'm a bit hesitant about writing this post, and I took great care in crafting the headline, because I have had a bad experience writing about this subject in the past. trick. And I think marketing can be a lot more than that.
| || || || |
BIZNOLOGY Everybody needs both Pinterest and LinkedIn
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20, 2012
As I’ve noted in the past, it’s the marriage of promotion, product, place and price
that resonates most fully for your customer. (Photo credit: Christopher S. Penn). few days ago, our fearless leader noted “nobody needs both Pinterest and LinkedIn.” ” And, generally, Mike’s absolutely right. Too many guys in black turtlenecks and very cool eyeglasses try to fit their standard portfolio of tricks and tips to your business, without really considering how to various social channels fit your brand’s needs. Actually, you might. For others, LinkedIn. MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Blogger outreach is earned media PR, isn’t it?
| TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012
mean, I see it all the time: folks who respond to any query with a fee sheet, be it their price
for a “sponsored” post or even for just a keyword link. can understand offering me a price
list for advertising space in the form of a banner or sponsorship credit, but these bloggers, who I will not name, are impenetrable when it comes to working on building a relationship, on becoming a preferred news channel, or even taking the audition towards becoming an official permanent member of one or more communications programs. may well be mistaken. ” (Wikipedia). Right? MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Are Keywords Market-Shares?
| MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012
They stopped selling their huge pop bottle at ridiculously low prices
competing with Coke ® , brought their prices
way up and seriously raised year-to-year earnings while seriously lowering sales volumes. Photo credit: Wikipedia. The Internet offers so many opportunities to mathematically create world-views that can help us make marketing decisions on expected sales and where they’d be coming from. I’ve often told clients using my SEO services that the number of keywords they’d use in their websites would influence sales volume. long-trail keywords, and such. criteria. MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY New Developments in B2B Loyalty Marketing
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2012
Some companies will identify their top accounts—based on margin or on topline revenue—and provide them with special perks, pricing
and service levels, such as: Corporate-wide purchasing agreements, where all buying across a far-flung enterprise can benefit from pre-negotiated contract pricing
. Photo credit: Wikipedia. Business marketers have much to gain from retention marketing. Business customers tend to be fewer and more valuable—meaning you can’t afford to lose even one. But how do you keep your customers active and buying from you, versus the competition? MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY What exactly is a social graph?
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
And suppose I could sell acces to my full social graph for a price
to advertisers? Image via CrunchBase. am a retired IBM Distinguished Engineer. My wife says that makes me an Extinguished Engineer.) So, you might guess that I am fairly comfortable with the technical side of social media, but there’s one thing I don’t like, which is that technical people like to make up new fancy words to describe what they make, even if no one knows what they mean. ” We make it really complicated to get that simple answer. My latest favorite term is the social graph. People. MORE >>
- How Performance Marketing Accelerates B-to-B Prospecting BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Differentiate or die! It’s the digital marketing curse… BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- Outsourcing your social media isn’t all or nothing BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2012
- How to think about differentiation for your business BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2013
- Social media sells process, not product BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012
- Do you need accurate sentiment for social media listening? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2012
- Using emotion to close the deal in online marketing BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
- Publishing is dying because marketers are the new publishers BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2012
- Blog Guest Posting: It’s a Privilege Not a Birthright BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
- Agile marketing meets TV BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012
- Incorporate Long Tail Keywords into the Mix for SEO Success BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2012
- Five Ways B-to-B Marketers Need to Change Their Game BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011
- How your enterprise social platform enables the information marketplace BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, MAY 8, 2013
- Will Google be your new credit card? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2011
- Marketing is so much more than advertising BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- How the Long Tail AdWords Approach Works for Blogger Outreach BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2012
- Get your CEO to say Y-E-S to SEO BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2010
- Unskewing the Web: Curators as filters BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2010
- Are Daily Deals Sites a Good Deal for Your Business? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2011
- Conquer CyberOverload BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010
- Can social media be the new white hat SEO technique? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011
- Social media and mobile produce a commoner sense BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
- Interview with paid search expert Andrew Goodman BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- Mind the Gap between Marketing and Value BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
- Holiday Spending Delivers Q4 Gifts to E-commerce Sellers BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012
- Why Zagat might be a smarter purchase for Google than Yelp BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2011
- Digital Advertising that Fits Both Consumer and Marketer BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012
- Schemas, microformats, rich snippets, and SEO BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2011
- It’s a Google World and that’s fine by me BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011
- Do tricky marketing claims really help you as a marketer? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Content with Intent: Validate Your Authority BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Marketers must ask themselves, “What’s your story?” BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
- IBM Buys Coremetrics as the Analytics Battle Heats Up BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- How does a bank improve customer relationships? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.