| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE POINT
SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 [Personalization] Do You Need Marketing Automation to Do Lead Nurturing? Sort Of.
Ensuring that inbound sales leads are all followed up with promptly and personally, independent of sales bandwidth. 'A prospective client asks: “We’re just getting our demand generation programs ramped up, and I’m not sure I’m ready for marketing automation. Do I need it in order to do lead nurturing?”. It’s just not a particularly sophisticated way of going about it. Certainly.
| | THE POINT
DECEMBER 18, 2012 [Personalization] 3 Models for Gating Lead Generation Content on Your Website
Secondly, asking the prospect to “register” in this scenario, or (as is often the case) “create an account,” is making that person do something that he or she didn’t ask to do. Ask a group of B2B marketers whether their Websites’ lead generation content (white papers, archived Webinars, case studies, videos, etc.) should be gated or not, and you’re likely to hear a wide range of opinions.
NOVEMBER 12, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] Infographic: 10 Commandments of Email Copywriting
OCTOBER 30, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] 5 Reasons to Gate Lead Nurturing Content
OCTOBER 22, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] 3 Tips for Getting Prospects to Say “Yes” to a Meeting
OCTOBER 10, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] Marketing to the Person, Not the Business: The Critical Importance of Personal Value
SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] Do You Need Marketing Automation to Do Lead Nurturing? Sort Of.
JULY 12, 2013 | THE POINT
[Personalization] 7 Webinar Invitation Mistakes You Can’t Ignore
| || || |
| | THE POINT
OCTOBER 12, 2011 [Personalization] 10 Commandments of Email Copywriting
Write in 2nd person whenever possible – it helps connect you and your brand to the reader. Thou shalt not direct people to “Learn More.” ” “Learn more” is the worst possible call to action. It means absolutely nothing. Be specific, be tangible. What is it that you’re offering exactly? Thou shalt tell people What, Why, and How. Thou shalt not require scrolling. ̶
| | THE POINT
NOVEMBER 16, 2012 [Personalization] Has Content Marketing Made Branding Obsolete?
These companies thrive, in large part, not just on the quality of their products but upon their image, and the general, emotional view that their customers have about the company, and how those customers believe the company aligns with their own personal beliefs or preferences or aspirations, or however else you care to define a brand. Now that’s not to say that a brand isn’t real, for some.
| | THE POINT
JULY 13, 2012 [Personalization] Do Lead Nurturing Campaigns Always Need an Offer?
Jon wrote the book on lead nurturing ( literally ) but, personally, I have concerns about extending Twitter rules into the realm of email marketing. Personally, if someone is going to clutter my inbox, relevancy is the bare minimum. In my last post , I talked about creative campaign ideas for when you have no content to offer. Which leads to another question: do certain types of campaigns even need an offer in the first place? Take lead nurturing : is it strictly essential that every lead nurturing touch include a specific, gated, call to action? But maybe that’s just me.
| | THE POINT
MARCH 12, 2012 [Personalization] Think Your Inside Sales Team Has it Covered? Think Again.
Bottom line: if your inside sales team isn’t consistently reaching every new lead within five minutes of that person’s expressed interest, you’re losing sales. I’ve made the case previously in this space how one of the easiest way to gain a quick return from any investment in marketing automation is to apply the technology towards more efficient and systematic follow-up to inbound leads.
| || || || |
THE POINT | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011 [Personalization] 8 Things Your CEO Can Write About On His/Her Blog
Have that person answer 3-4 questions via email but present it as an interview. Launching a CEO blog but the boss isn’t sure what to write about? Here are 8 ideas based on a list we created recently for a client: 1. Opinion/Thought Leadership – opinions/rants/views on the world of [insert your product category here] – the good, bad and ugly. good place to be controversial. Industry Trends – how is your industry/space changing? What’s different now compared to 1 year ago? years ago? What are you seeing more and more with customers that others may want to take note of? MORE >>
THE POINT | FRIDAY, JANUARY 13, 2012 [Personalization] 5 Best Practices You Can Borrow From This Email Campaign
Lead nurturing will always be more effective when it’s targeted, personalized, and relevant. There’s a lot to like about the email campaign I received (image below) recently from Infusionsoft , a maker of sales and marketing automation software for small businesses. It’s not perfect by any stretch (the copy could use some improvement – more on that later) but many of the techniques on display are simple, straightforward best practices you can easily apply to your next lead generation campaign. Make the offer look like an offer. The free guide on offer is an ebook, a downloadable PDF. MORE >>
THE POINT | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2010 [Personalization] The New B2B Buyer Dialog: A Conversation with Kathleen Schaub
The vendor sales person was the primary gateway to information the buyer needed to decide – a tremendously powerful position. The Internet and social media have triggered a turbulent change – the rich dialog has shifted on-line and away from the sales person. You don’t need a sales person at all to buy some consumer products – music, stocks, and airline tickets, for example. Fewer companies, however, can claim to have adapted their sales process as readily. HS) What’s different about the B2B selling process compared to say, 5 or 10 years ago? Fast forward to today. MORE >>
THE POINT | TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2010 [Personalization] 5 Ways To Incorporate Direct Mail Into Your Marketing Mix
Direct mail is tangible, personal, and gives you a measure of creative license that’s increasingly difficult with email, where even minor graphics can be a sure-fire trigger for spam filters. Pop Quiz! Direct Mail is: a) more expensive than email. b) quaintly old-fashioned. c) regaining popularity in B2B circles. d) often overlooked as an effective way to reach customers and prospects. Answer: (e) all of the above. Yet many B2B marketers continue to be allergic to the idea of using direct mail, simply because it seems such a throwback in our mobile-social-online era. Most do. MORE >>
THE POINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2013 [Personalization] Infographic: 10 Commandments of Email Copywriting
Good email copy is engaging, personal, never boring, and focuses the reader on a single action: response. 'Email copywriting is more than simply an exercise in brevity. successful email grabs the reader, sells the offer, and closes the deal. No matter what you’re selling – a white paper, a Webinar, a demo, a free trial, or 25% off your latest software – there are certain rules that disciples (ahem) of good B2B email marketing should always follow. Here are 10 of the most important, drawn from this earlier post. Click on the image below to see the infographic full-size. MORE >>
- [Personalization] Checklist: 5 Ways to Minimize Webinar No-Shows THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26, 2013
- [Personalization] A Really Useful B2B Marketing Benchmark Report from Optify THE POINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2013
- [Personalization] Content Selling: How Sales Can Better Leverage Marketing Content THE POINT | TUESDAY, JUNE 18, 2013
- [Personalization] 5 Simple Ways to Take Your Lead Nurturing Program to the Next Level THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012
- [Personalization] 3 Ways to Make Your Corporate Blog’s Sidebar Work Harder THE POINT | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- [Personalization] 5 Reasons to Gate Lead Nurturing Content THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2013
- [Personalization] 7 Webinar Invitation Mistakes You Can’t Ignore THE POINT | FRIDAY, JULY 12, 2013
- [Personalization] Lead Nurturing & the 80/20 Rule THE POINT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010
- [Personalization] 2 Email Campaigns Show How (and How Not) to “Sell” Content THE POINT | TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2013
- [Personalization] Marketing to the Person, Not the Business: The Critical Importance of Personal Value THE POINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2013
- [Personalization] Tempted to Do Away With Registration Forms? Think Again. THE POINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
- [Personalization] Top 5 Benefits of Adopting Marketing Automation THE POINT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2011
- [Personalization] 3 Tips for Getting Prospects to Say “Yes” to a Meeting THE POINT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2013
- [Personalization] Top 10 Posts on B2B Lead Gen for 2010 THE POINT | MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2010
- [Personalization] MobileIron Harnesses End-User Demand to Drive Mobile IT Sales Leads THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- [Personalization] Email Lists: Should You Rent or Buy? THE POINT | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2011
- [Personalization] 5 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Next Email Campaign THE POINT | FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2011
- [Personalization] Getting the Most from Salesforce.com: A Conversation with David Taber THE POINT | THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2010
- [Personalization] Does Offering a Free iPad Increase Webinar Registration? THE POINT | MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2012
- [Personalization] How to Reduce Unsubscribes Using Subscription Management THE POINT | MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
- [Personalization] If It’s Wednesday, It Must Be a Webinar Invitation THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27, 2013
- [Personalization] How Good Content can Help Improve Database Health THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- [Personalization] Does Marketing Automation Work With a Cold List? THE POINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- [Personalization] Responsys Look Book Offers Innovative Ideas for Email Marketers THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2012
- [Personalization] Content that Works: A Conversation with Michael Cannon THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011
- [Personalization] 4 Reasons to Fulfill Offer Content via Email THE POINT | TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2011
- [Personalization] Should I remove offer content from my Website if it’s part of a campaign? THE POINT | THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2011
- [Personalization] Call Every New Sales Lead 6 Times? Sorry, that’s Crazy. THE POINT | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011
- [Personalization] Radian6 Email Campaign Hits the Mark THE POINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011
- [Personalization] Citrix Email Campaign Crashes on Takeoff THE POINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2009
- [Personalization] How to Choose the Right Offer for your PPC Landing Page THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.