| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | BUNGALO
FEBRUARY 15, 2012 5 Worst Trade Show Blunders
Once those dollars are spent though, the incremental effort of the people on the floor make or break the true effectiveness of this marketing tactic. Last week, I spent two full days walking the floor in Orlando at the International Builder Show (NAHB). The investment that firms make in booth space, set up, and staffing, make these shows extremely expensive to participate in. ran into 5 firms that flushed 100% of their investment down the tubes through the following actions by their sales reps: 1. Sales rep openly mentions, “I would quit my job and work somewhere else if I could.”
| | BUNGALO
MAY 28, 2012 Your Piece of the Pie
Magazine, you were probably quite happy to see the “residential construction” market as one of the four “Fast Growth, Big Profits” categories. Without this, you will not be able to make the investments your firm needs to build process, grow your marketing system, and build out your sales force for the long-term. For anyone who reads Inc. Filed under: strategy.
| || || |
| | BUNGALO
JULY 28, 2010 Do homeowners tweet about contractors?
Katie is a marketer for a B2B technology company. Filed under: online marketing. Tags: online marketing Yes — not all but some — Like Katie Wolfe of St. Paul Minnesota. Like lots of young women she’s savvy about social media. Guess how many twitter followers she has? And she’s following 538. That’s a pretty decent social network!
| | BUNGALO
JULY 22, 2010 How to Optimize Your Site for Search
There’s so much to know about websites and online marketing, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. So — in the spirit of helping you learn what every small business owner should know about online marketing — I’m going to point you to a really helpful article on the subject. Filed under: online marketing. Tags: online marketing Worth reading.
| | BUNGALO
AUGUST 16, 2010 Get a jump on link-building
Filed under: online marketing. Tags: online marketing It seems everyone in the building industry is buzzing about search engine optimization or SEO — the practice of optimizing your website so that you will “be found by the search engines. Competition to top search engine results for long-tail search terms like “St Paul Remodeling and “minneapolis custom cabinets is intensifying. Before long, it will be impossible to achieve top rankings without a good link-building strategy. Avoid mass-submission/ SEO-play article sites. But be careful!
| | BUNGALO
SEPTEMBER 13, 2010 NARI Minnesota CoTY awards
3) Bragging rights — winning awards is hard evidence of your company’s prowess that you can use in your marketing. I heard through the grapevine that CoTY entries are down this year. If you can complete a binder or two, the chances of winning are really, really good. Can’t find the time? Suppose it takes 6 hours to complete an entry – that’s about 1/2 hour per day, between now and the end of the month – very doable. If you divide the work between two people… more doable. His response began, “Well, I noticed they won an award…. Procrastinating?
| || || || |
BUNGALO Keyword Basics
| MONDAY, JUNE 7, 2010
This month’s article: Ten Ways to Boost Marketing
Results (without spending more money). Filed under: online marketing
, tips and ideas. Tags: online marketing
tips and ideas Last week a client emailed us a question about Search Engine Optimization. He was interested in improving his search engine rankings. We talked at length about the basics of SEO – especially optimizing your site using keywords and phrases, and inbound linking. We’re also wrapping up the next issue of our newsletter. SEO experts call this IAAT (in anchor and title). Contact us. MORE >>
BUNGALO Ten Ways to Beef Up Your Marketing (without spending more money)
| MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
Check out our list of ten things you and your team can do with your time and energy to beer up your marketing
results. These and many other marketing
tactics cost little or nothing. Books, libraries, blogs, podcasts, professional organizations, roundtables — when dollars are limited, invest your time learning how to become a better marketer
. Some of the smartest, most practical things you can do to drive growth require creativity and effort — not dollars. When you see something you know you should be doing, make it a priority. 1) Your Company 2.0. Managing people. MORE >>
BUNGALO Free Income data by Zip Code
| MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2012
Size of market
: how many households have the income to buy? Market
share: dividing the number of clients you have in a specific zip code, by the number of qualified buyers (households who meet income criteria) will give you an idea of your share of the market
. The IRS provides income data by Zip Code for every state in the U.S. The most recent data set from 2008 includes the number of returns filed, Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), and 29 other financial fields. Bungalo recently used this data to look up income data for households in a St. Paul Minnesota zip code. MORE >>
BUNGALO Taking the Leap to Geographically Expand.
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
Share: To penetrate, or geographically expand? Definition of geographically expand: “self explanatory,” outside your core market
. picked up a publication today in Hudson, Wisconsin that marketed
to women in the area. If I have relied on referrals for revenue, do I have a realistic marketing
budget in place to build awareness? For firms that are well capitalized, and can sustain a concerted marketing
effort over time, this growth strategy will pay dividends as long as the “Brand has been determined to work in the new area. MORE >>
BUNGALO What is a marketing strategy, anyway?
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011
While making final preparations for a Business Builders session on Marketing
Plans, I went looking for a simple explanation of “marketing
strategy is the WAY you will create customers. Basically there are four things you need to keep in mind about marketing
strategy is shaped by business goals and strategy. Strong marketing
strategies are built on a foundation of business goals and direction. Without a clear business strategy, marketing
is like a crazy dog without a leash. Referral strategy). MORE >>
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me BUNGALO | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
- NARI Minnesota CoTY awards BUNGALO | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
- Taking the Leap to Geographically Expand. BUNGALO | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- When you wave your magic wand, make sure they notice. BUNGALO | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Tripped over Tumblr BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010
- What’s wrong with neighborhood mailings? BUNGALO | MONDAY, MAY 24, 2010
- Word of Mouth Marketing BUNGALO | SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2010
- Track this marketing metric BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
- How are you showing up? BUNGALO | THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010
- I want to grow revenue in 2010. Should I hire a sales rep? BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- Nothing Left to Cut – Now what? BUNGALO | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- If you are better, you should look better. BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2009
- Postcard Marketing: budget benchmark BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2009
- Website grader – what’s your score BUNGALO | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2009
- Dryers use 10 to 15% of domestic energy in the United States! BUNGALO | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- Bungalo Group blog added B2B Marketing Zone BUNGALO | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- Projects defy “iffy” economy BUNGALO | SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2009
- Fertile vs. sterile customers BUNGALO | TUESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2009
- You too could be a winner! BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2009
- Send Out Cards BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.