| || |
| | MARKETING INTERACTIONS
FEBRUARY 25, 2010 B2B Marketers Need to Look Beyond Decision Makers
Yesterday I attended the webinar Inside the Mind of the B2B Buyer - New Data on the Path to Purchase. The webinar was based on data collected in a survey conducted by DemandGen Report and sponsored by Genius.com. Marketers tend to describe their prospects based on the traits of the decision maker. But, what the survey found was that there was a pretty good spread of people involved in the purchase selection. When asked what role the respondent played in the final solution selection, these were the responses: Recommender - 34%. Influencer - 45.4%. Decision Maker - 50.5%. Buyer - 17.5%.
| | DIGITAL BODY LANGUAGE
FEBRUARY 24, 2010 Publicly Available Pricing: Theory and Practice
A lot of what I write on this blog has to do with the changes that have happened as a result of buyers’ increasing access to information. Often, these changes are looked at from a general perspective. Today, I want to look a very specific example of how this overall market transition affected us at Eloqua. It’s a very representative, specific, example of what’s going on in the market in general.
| | BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY
FEBRUARY 25, 2010 Going Mobile with B2B Marketing – Part II
So in my last blog post – Going Mobile with B2B Marketing we discussed the basics of the mobile market and where to focus our attention as a B2B Marketers. Now we want to move into the content. would say that if “ Content is King on the internet “ Context is Queen on mobile. With only 160 characters for a mobile message you better be on target 100% of the time. Also a good best practice is to include opt out text in the message with brings it down to about 140 characters (sound familiar). This is why aps like Yelp and foursquare are so hot now. ow (not ho hum).
| | PHOENIX RISING
FEBRUARY 21, 2010 Assumptions Anyone?
There's an old saying about assumptions. Remember? Have you ever found yourself disagreeing with someone - wondering how in the heck they could see the situation in their way? Only to find that your perspectives were based on dramatically different assumptions than your own? Now think about the impact of those assumptions on the task at hand. Social media gives power to our assumptions. Social media enables all of us to make our assumptions known. We can state them in blog posts, Tweets, FB posts and YouTube videos. How about this for an example?
| || || || |
MARKETING INTERACTIONS Content Marketing is for Customers Too!
| SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2010
Most conversations I have with marketers revolve around how to feed the top of the funnel and help prospects become sales-ready leads that their salespeople willingly pursue. It's one of the things I help them focus on doing. The problem happens when that becomes the sole focus of marketing. was catching up on my blog reading and came across this statistic in a post over on Copyblogger in the second in a series of posts about lessons learned by Dan Kennedy, who - in case you didn't know - is one of the most highly paid copywriters of all time. You ready? " Wow. Right? MORE >>
SAVVY B2B MARKETING Are You Backing Up Your Social Data?
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
What would you do if Gmail crashed, your facebook account got suspended for suspicious activity, your LinkedIn network disappeared, or the Fail Whale moved in permanently? Online networking and collaboration services provide us with great tools that have become part of our everyday routine. It's important to remember, however, that we don't own that data. If something were to go wrong with one of your service providers, you could lose access to all your information - contacts, files, correspondence, documents. EVERYTHING. You backup your hard drive (don't you?!?), admit it. Now - off we go! MORE >>
BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY Going Mobile with B2B Marketing
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
As I mentioned in my Top 10 predictions for 2010 – I think the Mobile Marketing in 2010 will become more mainstream. As a marketer I always like to play the “odds not the lottery and to me when you have a market of 3.3 Billion Handsets worldwide (half the population) versus only 1 Billion PC’s with Internet access playing with a 300% larger base is pretty safe bet. So then it becomes a question of where to start with Mobile and I have been working on this for a while now incorporating Mobile into some of our campaigns. You really have a shot at getting some attention. Tweet This! MORE >>
PR MEETS MARKETING Optimize Your Tradeshow Presence
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
"conference hall" by shinemy via Flickr. Exhibiting and sponsoring at trade shows is an important component of the marketing mix. While While physical meetings and conferences experienced a hit in 2009, I believe that more marketers will return to physical events in 2010. Here are five tips to optimize your trade show presence: Media Alert. Consider issuing a media alert (a smaller version of a press release) one to two weeks before the conference. Announce News. Consider announcing significant news at the conference to drive buzz about your company. Media Outreach. Social Media. MORE >>
FEARLESS COMPETITOR 5 Tips for Killer Presentations
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
Sorry, dear readers, but this Friday I’m on a bit of a rant. If I see one more boring PowerPoint presentation, I’m going to vomit! Let’s keep this really simple. What should be in a PowerPoint presentation? Few words — if you have more than 8 words on your slide — kill it. Pictures — people love images. Use them to convey your ideas. iStockPhoto is a great and inexpensive source of images. Story — people respond to stories. Tell a story in your presentation. Simple — less is more. Few slides. Less words. Watch Steve present here. MORE >>
- Three reasons why the “experts” are wrong about social media measurement GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2010
- Lead Gen Companies Should Not Dictate Your Pace SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- You Can’t Expect to Hear “No” THE CRAP REPORT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
- Conversen Simplifies Complex Messages Through Multi-Channel Dynamic Content CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATRIX | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- The NEW “Four P’s” of marketing GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Getting Provocative: How Visual Provocation Engages Buyers and Drives Growth SAVVY B2B MARKETING | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2010
- Management Motivation from Jay-Z THE CRAP REPORT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Convenient Commitments PHOENIX RISING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Be a Strategic Planning Action Hero with Micro-Strategies B2B MARKETING TRACTION | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- Are people really reading more? SAVVY B2B MARKETING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- New Tricks PHOENIX RISING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- B2B Mobile Marketing: Why Mobile For B2Bs? (A Slideshow) CK'S B2B BLOG | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2010
- B2B e-newsletters: Three bits of advice SALES LEAD INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Is your database in a complete state of lawlessness? B2B LEAD BLOG | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Content Marketing Budgets Increasing B2B MARKETING BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
- 5 Reasons Trade Associations Should Be Blogging TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- Building a B-to-B Social Media Lead Generation Program Targeting. TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Leading Lights: Content Marketing Strategist Ardath Albee ILLUMINATING THE FUTURE | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2010
- Social media measurement: Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand tweets GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Social Media=Organizational Change! LEADER NETWORKS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Summary of 5 Ways Marketing Automation Provides Job Security for. LOOPFUSE | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Social Media is for Everyone. Need proof? B2B MARKETING BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Surprise – powerful way to engage prospective buyers FEARLESS COMPETITOR | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- Your Database: No Longer Your Enemy B2B LEAD BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- Savvy Week in Review - February 26 SAVVY B2B MARKETING | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
- Business Marketing Association Renames its Marketing Awards Competition the B2s SALES LEAD INSIGHTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- How to Answer a Question: 5 Tips for Making the Most of LinkedIn THE POINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- There is no social media strategy, only marketing strategy CHRIS KOCH | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- Savvy Webinar Resources from the iConnect Conference SAVVY B2B MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- The sorry state of sales today – from Jim Dickie of CSO Insights FEARLESS COMPETITOR | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- A tweet fit for a queen GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- Best Business Blogging Tips of 2009, Part 2 WEBBIQUITY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Six steps to differentiating your solutions REPUTATION TO REVENUE | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- Weekly Contest - Win a high-level website SEO review! CONNECT THE DOCS | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2010
- Business Karma SALES PROSPECTING PERSPECTIVES | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- Conduct B2B marketing research in 15 minutes or less. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Social Media: Will Be Focus of B-to-B Marketers in 2010 TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- The thrill of victory, the agony of re-tweet GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
- Who do Your Teleprospectors Call? SALES PROSPECTING PERSPECTIVES | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Targeted Lead Generation – Mad Men won't cut it anymore! VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Headlines Vital for Success of NYT, WSJ, NY Post—and Your Site CONTENT MARKETING TODAY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.