| || |
| | LEADER NETWORKS
JUNE 16, 2010 Three Models For Online Communities And How To Tell The Difference
Online community is like world peace – everyone thinks it is a good idea but it means something different to each person. Companies frequently encounter a core problem when planning an online community; the key stakeholders each hold different views of what the community will be like and what it will accomplish once it is launched. So, when business sits around the table to talk about an online community for their company, product or service line, each person hold a different model; that is largely shaped by their relationship with one. They’re really controlled or paternalistic environments.
| | MARKETING FINGER
JUNE 14, 2010 Lead Scoring Best Practices
More and more B2B marketers are turning to lead scoring as a way of optimizing lead management. Many of us will remember when we used to process raw Excel lists, handing over hundreds of names with job titles and companies to our sales department, only to find that leads weren’t being followed up on. Here is a summary of the questions and comments, compiled: Q. What is lead scoring?
| | BIZNOLOGY
JUNE 16, 2010 Is marketing more than a trick?
Image by jeffreylcohen via Flickr. I'm a bit hesitant about writing this post, and I took great care in crafting the headline, because I have had a bad experience writing about this subject in the past. But I think it's too important not to talk about, because we live in a world where marketing has been reduced to nothing more than mere technique. trick. The inside angle. The trick. Just tell them.
| | WRITING ON THE WEB
JUNE 15, 2010 Twitter: the little bird that grew up strong
Why Twitter Is Such a Powerful Social Media Platform , this week’s guest post by Phyllis Zimbler Miller , When I first heard Twitter mentioned two years ago – in a teleseminar with the BlogSquad! I checked it out because I valued Patsi’s advice. At the time the Twitter home page question was something such as: “Let your family and friends know what you are doing now. I thought to myself: Why should they care about this and why should I join the site? Thus I didn’t join. Another few days later I got my business partner Yael K. And then something happened! Share this on Bebo.
| || || || |
- Do you need to be an Extrovert to be in Social Media Marketing?
Great question which I found myself asking last night after I reviewed my recent Myers Briggs score. found it interesting that my score came in as ENTJ. For those of you who aren’t aware of the Myers Briggs test it asks you a bunch of questions from multiple angles to rate you on 4 basic scales: your Favorite World (Introvert/Extrovert), Information (Sensing/Institution), Decisions (Thinking/Feeling) and Structure (Judging or Perceiving). But focusing on the Extrovert angle for a second, I began to wonder if you need to be an extrovert to be in social media. Tweet This! Share this on Facebook. MORE >>
- Is Traditional B2B Marketing Dead?
Earlier this week, I was on a panel at the WIT event "The Intersection of Marketing & Technology" in McLean, VA. One of the discussions was about the dramatic changes happening in B2B marketing today and what the future will hold. The question "Is traditional B2B marketing dead?" ignited a lively discussion. think we are experiencing nothing short of a major disruption in marketing today. It is easy to not see the forest for the trees when you are focused on the daily challenges of program execution. So let's take a step back and look at the big picture. MORE >>
MODERN B2B MARKETING 5 B2B Marketing Infographics You Can’t Go Without
| SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2010
As marketers, we thrive off data visualization using graphics, charts and images to educate ourselves and tell our stories. Whether your B2B marketing efforts can use more information on social media, content marketing or demographics, your marketing mix can’t afford to go without these 5 useful infographics: 1. CMO’s Guide to The Social Landscape. Good, better, best is a mantra we can all live and learn from in B2B marketing. Surprisingly enough, Digg.com has the best approval rating out of all social media sites with Yahoo! Buzz coming in last. Visualizing Facebook. Who Participates Online. MORE >>
B2B VOICES What B2B communicators can learn from the 2010 World Cup
| MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
For those of you who don’t know already I am a long time supporter /player of soccer (football). I actually attended the first week of the 2006 World Cup in Germany and watching it so far has me wishing I was in South Africa. This year I am paying attention via the Internet and TV. The World Cup is by far the world’s most watched sporting event (about seven times larger than the Super Bowl) so there’s a lot at stake (this is a great report on the Economics of the World Cup ). Here are my thoughts. Argentina; USA v. Mexico; Germany v. Netherlands; N. Korea v. Korea. MORE >>
CK'S B2B BLOG Great B2B Marketing Stats (in a GREAT format!)
| SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2010
As marketers, data, statistics and factoids are our friends. They help to support our arguments, enable us to build our business cases and they shine light on new opportunities and emerging market segments that hold potential for our offerings. And it's even better when a bunch of statistics are aggregated for us in one place! The segment below, compliments of Earnest Agency , provides a bunch of "vital statistics for B2B marketers" and does so in a very engaging format. want to compliment the folks at Earnest for making this video so entertaining (and downright snappy!). MORE >>
- Is the In-House B2B Marketing Department Going Away? EVERYTHING TECHNOLOGY MARKETING | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- Friends, Avatars, Countrymen, lend me your ears DIGITAL BODY LANGUAGE | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Responding to a Social Media Crisis: #Intuit Outage Takeaways HUBSPOT | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- OFF TOPIC: Follow Team Terrapin on our race from Newport to Bermuda BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- ActiveConversion Product Review: Demand Gen Intelligence SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- I Know You Hear Me but are You HEARING ME? – 3 Steps to Fixing Your Tone SAVVY B2B MARKETING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Are Some BI Vendors too Quiet? CONTENT MARKETING FOR BI | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Checklists for Selecting a Marketing Automation System CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATRIX | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Email Testing 101: Getting Started MARKETING GENIUS BLOG | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Thought Leadership Interview #9 – Craig Rosenberg, the Funnelholic FEARLESS COMPETITOR | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- The Changing Rules of B2B Marketing PAUL GILLIN | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Savvy Buying of B2B Data ACQUIRING MINDS | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Jive Talkin for B2B Marketing & Sales Demand Gen Experts SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- 4 Ways B2B Companies Can Translate Tweets SOCIAL MEDIA B2B | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- The Future of Marketing Automation « Loopfuse Marketing Automation. LOOPFUSE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- 60 Second Tips with Ardath Albee: Why Lead Scoring? MARKETING GENIUS BLOG | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- Marketing Automation Acceleration service launched FEARLESS COMPETITOR | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Relevance and Email are Like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups MARKETING INTERACTIONS | SATURDAY, JUNE 12, 2010
- Savvy Week in Review - June 18 SAVVY B2B MARKETING | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- What You Can Learn About Prospects from the Content They Read – 4 Questions for Ardath Albee FUNNEL FOCUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Don’t Buy Marketing Automation FEARLESS COMPETITOR | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Chart of the week: Marketers Struggle to Do More with Less MARKETING GENIUS BLOG | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Ten Ways to Beef Up Your Marketing (without spending more money) BUNGALO | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- LinkedIn as Facebook for the Business World DIGITAL BODY LANGUAGE | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Biting your tongue for the sake of your brand SAVVY B2B MARKETING | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Blog or Website: Do You Use Wordpress as a Website? WRITING ON THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Fulfilling a Content Strategy for the Enterprise: It's Much More than Writing THE CONTENT FACTOR | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Mama Nature’s Marketing Tips: Content Marketing to Busy Bees SAVVY B2B MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Add a Little Fun into your Social Media Marketing SAZBEAN | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Rant: The Problem with Formatting Sales Pages. WRITING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- 4 Best Practices for List Hygiene B2B LEAD BLOG | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- Getting Started with Social Media for Your Business SAZBEAN | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Why the Best Writer is a Busy Writer WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Listening to More than Just your Brand B2B LEAD BLOG | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Social Media ROI SAZBEAN | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- 6 Steps to a Successful (B-to-B) Direct Marketing Campaign B2B IDEAS @ WORK | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Looking for Good Content? Go for Brains, Not Titles WHAT WORKS - WHAT DOESN'T | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Manufacturers: 6 Tips On How to Hire Independent Reps TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- Social Media Marketing Continues to Grow: Great Way to Reach the. TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010
- Get Visual with Your Info: Advice on Illustrating Your Content CONTENT MARKETING TODAY | FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
- 4 Social Media Mining Metrics MANHATTAN MARKETING MAVEN | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.