| || |
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
DECEMBER 28, 2009 Smart B2B marketing calls to action for 2010.
This morning, reviewing dozens of marketing blogs, I was overwhelmed with post after post about social media. became worried that marketers were forgetting the channels that got us where we are today. That’s why I was delighted to see Bill Gadless of B2B Web Strategy pass along advice from Jim Logan in “ Try adding a call to action to the end of your white papers..
| | B2B LEAD GENERATION BLOG
DECEMBER 18, 2009 Lead Generation Check list – Part 7: Effective lead management
Today I’d like to discuss the aspects of an effective lead management process. m not sure why many organizations think it’s acceptable to only get a return on about 20% of their leads when an optimized lead management process can tremendously help to convert more of those hard earned leads in the sales pipeline. Download the marketing sales funnel graphic as a PDF). Related Posts and Resources.
| | BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY
DECEMBER 15, 2009 10 BtoB Marketers Predictions for 2010
Around this time last year I wrote about some Predictions for 2009 and while I would say 8 out of 10 have already materialized and the other 2 are on their way, it has become clear that this year was the year we past the point of no return on Social Media. Recession or not Social Media was on a roll ignited by the visibility of events like Obama’s win and Iran’s election protests. Enjoy!
| | SAVVY B2B MARKETING
DECEMBER 9, 2009 5 Ways to Repackage Your Best B2B Content
I think about B2B marketing at the strangest times. Yesterday, it crossed my mind while eating lunch. The night before, I made some Asian-inspired pork tenderloin, which was good, but it was even better in the sandwich wrap I concocted with some miscellaneous ingredients in the fridge. What does this have to do with B2B marketing? And, you have new readers who may have missed your best stuff.
| || || || |
ANYTHING GOES MARKETING 5 Mistakes B2B Marketers Need to Avoid in 2010
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
2009 has been a long year but as I reflect back on my many conversations, I've created a top 5 list of items to avoid in 2010: 1. Not having a defined social media strategy You would be surprised by the number of companies that say “yeah, social media is important but it’s not important to us at the moment”. In 2010 you will not have a choice but to make social media part of your overall marketing strategy. If you’re company is just breaking ground in this area, at the very least make a commitment to listen to what people are saying about you. Most likely, you are being mentioned. MORE >>
PHOENIX RISING Think Small
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2009
It's the day for New Year's Resolutions yet again. We're all making our lists of ways to be better people, do better things, spread joy to more of those around us. What a worthy cause! So why wait til New Year's? We can make those same resolutions every day of our lives. Every morning we can wake up, resolve to help out a fellow employee whose been having a rough time lately, smile at a gloomy stranger on the street or do that special something for a loved one whose been so good to us. Small acts can make a huge difference. MORE >>
PR MEETS MARKETING PR Freelancers versus PR Agencies: Five Points to Consider
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
Four years ago this month, I left the agency side to move in-house. During this time, I’ve had the opportunity to work with different types of agencies, do an agency search and consider the value of working with a PR freelancer. If you decide to bring in outside PR help, here are five points to consider: Administration. The general rule of thumb is that 10% of any retainer goes toward administration. On this point, I do favor opting for a PR freelancer over an agency, especially if you have a smaller budget. More Arms and Legs. This will vary on your budget and PR objectives. Conclusions. MORE >>
MARKETING INTERACTIONS The Rule of 5 for B2B Content Development
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
Lead nurturing, inbound pull, social networks, blogs and other eMarketing activities are all fueled by content. Lots of it. That puts a lot of pressure on limited marketing resources to churn out not only volume, but quality content that delivers a consistent storyline to a variety of target markets and customers. So what's a B2B marketer to do? Embrace the Rule of 5. The rule of 5 is that each and every content development undertaking should produce content assets that can be used at least 5 different ways. Let's say that you plan to create a white paper. MORE >>
BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY Fire your Director of Social Media!
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2009
At a recent ANA conference I was interviewing Brian Wallace VP of Digital Marketing and Media for RIM when I heard him say “2 years from now- if I still have a Director of Social Media – I should be fired! and after thinking about that I can’t help but agree with him. The theory here is as CMO’s appoint a head of social media in their organizations, it fosters silo-like behavior and departmentalizes social which by definition runs counter to the behavior within the organization you are trying to instill! Said differently how do we make social part of the very DNA of the firm? Digg this! MORE >>
- What to Consider Before Your Web Site Launch or Redesign SAVVY B2B MARKETING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
- 16 Must-Read B2B Marketing Strategy Ebooks MODERN B2B MARKETING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
- The Importance of Powerful Visuals in Content Marketing CONNECT THE DOCS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- Lead Gen Strategies: Sales People Should Be Selling, NOT Prospecting SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009
- Lessons From a Porch Light PHOENIX RISING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009
- 10 BtoB Marketers Predictions for 2010 BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
- Spredfast Offers Systematic Management for Social Media Campaigns CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATRIX | MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009
- Happy Holidays from all of your friends at Eloqua DIGITAL BODY LANGUAGE | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- Do You Know Your Customers.Or Are You Guessing? MARKETING INTERACTIONS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- The Elves Are Making Appointments and Leads SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2009
- The Path of Least Resistance PHOENIX RISING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
- $600 Discount on MarketingSherpa's Email Summit for my readers B2B LEAD GENERATION BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- ClickLaunch: Jonathan Kantor's Crafting White Paper 2.0 CONNECT THE DOCS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2009
- LoopFuse Offers No-Frills Demand Generation CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATRIX | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- Is Your B2B Marketing Content Reader Friendly? MARKETING INTERACTIONS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009
- Lead Gen Call Center In The Cloud - Virtual Hybrid SMASHMOUTH MARKETING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- It's the Little Things PHOENIX RISING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2009
- Inbound Interaction Management (IIM) BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009
- Making a Case for Consistency in B2B Case Studies SAVVY B2B MARKETING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2009
- How to improve lead generation with prospecting 2.0 B2B LEAD GENERATION BLOG | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2009
- Email is Still the Sharing Superstar MARKETING INTERACTIONS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2009
- This is the future of social media GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2009
- That Special Holiday Spirit PHOENIX RISING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2009
- Social CMO – Will CMO’s miss this opportunity? BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
- 3 Must-Haves for Successful Lead Nurturing MARKETING GENIUS BLOG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- Was Social Media Your Weakest Link in 2009? B2B MARKETING BLOG | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2009
- Whose Reputation is Your Marketing Content Building? MARKETING INTERACTIONS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2009
- Eight lessons I’ve learned from Twitter GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- Comfortable with the Uncomfortable PHOENIX RISING | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2009
- Top B2B marketing posts for 2009 (hint: social media) CHRIS KOCH | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2009
- ClickInsights: What was your "Aha" moment in 2009? - Part 2 CONNECT THE DOCS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2009
- B2B Marketing Strategies for Small Companies: An Interview with Dianna Huff SALES LEAD INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- The 12 Days of eMarketing Christmas MARKETING INTERACTIONS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2009
- A futurist’s view of the “next big thing” in social media GROW - PRACTICAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2009
- Power Chicks Do It Bigger PHOENIX RISING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- 10 Most Popular Content Marketing Posts of 2009 CONTENT MARKETING TODAY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2009
- ClickLaunch: What Matters NOW - Things to Think About and Do in 2010 CONNECT THE DOCS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009
- B2B Search Marketing: 5 Must-Read Tips - Online Marketing Blog DELICIOUS B2BMARKETING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- Marketing Content Should Educate Both of You MARKETING INTERACTIONS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2009
- 30 of the Best B2B Search Marketing Articles of 2009 PROTEUS B2B MARKETING BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- Top 10 Resources for Multichannel (aka Cross Channel) Analytics. E-STORM | MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.