The Content Factor
Successful SNS’s should be modeled on the college campus
JUNE 10, 2014
The developers of reddit realized that after initial vertical growth based on the general members of Digg , kuro5hin, and Slashdot (techie, geeky, teens, boys), reddit would suffer from the same sort of vulnerabilities that Digg suffered when it didn’t evolve and grow and broaden itself past “ News for nerds. Google gets this, though not yet within the construct of the SNS’s.
AUGUST 26, 2010
… [ visit site to read more ]. Related posts. No related posts.
10 Ways to Kickstart Your Inbound Marketing Program
Digital B2B Marketing
MAY 1, 2012
Here are social platforms to consider: Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Slideshare YouTube Facebook LinkedIn Although Facebook and LinkedIn may be core to your long-term inbound marketing program, you cannot emulate organic social media sharing with paid programs on these sites nearly as well. In contrast, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Digg indicate a listing is sponsored, but otherwise include it in the interface like other content. Demand Generation Media Social Media digg Facebook Focus inbound marketing reddit Slideshare social advertising stumbleupon twitter Youtube
What Could Kill Google and Facebook
JULY 18, 2012
And Facebook’s size may be no defense against ultimate demise; it wasn’t all that long ago the MySpace was the largest social network, and the experience of social news site Digg—once valued at $100 million but sold recently for just 5% of that —is a cautionary tale. Facebook Social Media Marketing Twitter Digg Facebook changes facebook killer Facebook privacy Google Gears google killer Google Knol LinkedIn MySpace Panda Penguin Picnik twitter killer user experienceImagine that you walk into a restaurant and there’s no one there to take your order. Twice. Google.
StumbleUpon Marketing: 5 Ways to Get More StumbleUpon Traffic to Your Website
SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
And unless you have a certain objective or niche demographic that tends to find a large population of your targeted users using sites like Digg , Reddit , or Delicious , my advice is simply to concentrate efforts on other more popular sites. Social bookmarking websites always confuse my social media strategy customers. Of course, it doesn’t work that way. And I’m not alone.
The Story of a Short-Lived Testimonial
APRIL 18, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google As marketers we all know how difficult it is to delight our customers. Harder still is getting the customer to say something good about our brand.
Your Social Media Yearbook
grow - Practical Marketing Solutions
JUNE 4, 2011
From Digg (the ex-best friend) to LinkedIn (the class president), this thoroughly amusing satire of web 2.0 Graduating from high school is oftentimes a major life milestone, but this hilarious infographic by Flowtown , entitled Social Media High School Class of 2011, takes that iconic landmark and hurls it into the bizarre, crowded and highly competitive realm of Web 2.0 humor
5 Steps to Use Customer Service to Identify and Leverage Social Content from Brand Advocates
APRIL 30, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Delivering best customer experience is a critical objective of every customer-centric business. Customer support and service departments play a phenomenal role in delivering such great customer experience after the initial transaction.
Interview with Bryan Srabian – San Francisco Giants – Social Engagement & Advocacy
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Q: You’ve won two World Series in the past 3 years – how does that feel being that you’re in PR/Social Media? A: First of all, it’s very cool! For anyone that works in sports or for a sports team, … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
StumbleUpon: It’s NOT About the SEO! 4 Compelling Reasons to Become a Heavy StumbleUpon User.
FEBRUARY 2, 2010
I am going to admit that I first joined StumbleUpon as part of a strategy that the “SEO [Search Engine Optimization] Gurus recommend to create backlinks to your blog content from social bookmarking sites like Digg and Reddit. Yes, I know, SU had its heyday and is facing competition from sites like Digg and Reddit. O.K., And you know what? So let’s start stumbling!
Cracking the ActiveMQ Monitoring Nut on AWS EC2
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google At ReadyPulse, we extensively use ActiveMQ for our messaging backbone. Everyday, millions of messages flow through the ActiveMQ brokers across multiple topics and queues. Hence it is super important to monitor them for two main reasons - 1. Brokers in unhealthy … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
11 of the Best Slack Apps & Integrations to Try
MAY 12, 2016
Discover great web content curated by Digg. Every day, Digg aggregates 10 million RSS feeds from virtually all publishers, and collects 200 million tweets daily -- 40 million of which include links. You can use Diggbot to search for the latest news on any topic or from any publisher, get trending news alerts, and get the twice-daily Digg Edition right to your Slack channel.
My Favorite WordPress Plugins
AUGUST 19, 2010
For example, ask visitors from Digg to Digg your post. Tags: Business Implementation Marketing News & Notes Tech blog blog software content management systems content strategy digg feedburner google internet marketing internet marketing strategy plugin plugins search engine optimization sitemaps social networking wordpress wordpress plugins world wide web Lijit Search.
Interview with Selena Srabian on Annie + Isabel – Social Engagement and Advocacy
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Q: Tell me about A+I and why you started it? A: My sister Anna and I are both registered nurses and work in hospitals, and I’ve been a nurse for about 13 years. I work in the intensive care unit … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
How to Use Article Marketing as Part of Your Social Media Strategy
MARCH 24, 2010
Digg - A really popular news/bookmarking site that can bring your articles massive exposure. Submitting your article to Digg takes interested readers directly to your article and your site, where they can also browse archived articles and check you out. Digg this! Guest post by Beth Hrusch. About 75% of those surveyed have a company page on a social networking site. Tweet This!
Don’t They Know Who You Are? Why Reputation Management is Crucial
FEBRUARY 14, 2010
Create accounts on social bookmarking sites like Wikio , Mixx , Digg and/or StumbleUpon. Digg this! In the old days—like, six or seven years ago—if someone had a bad experience with a company, he or she generally vented about it to a few friends and that was the end of it. This Time, It’s Personal. A few examples. Another executive acquaintance has things a bit worse.
My Social Valentine
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google A Social Valentine’s Day – 4 Campaigns for your success on Valentine’s Day Chocolate, roses, hearts, and a fancy dinner – isn’t that what usually comes to mind on Valentine’s Day?
The 12 Days of Social Media; a Holiday Post
DECEMBER 16, 2012
2 Digg and Reddit bookmarking. . I don’t know if I am a great Christmas caroler, but I do like to play with words, and engage audiences with interesting posts. In the spirit of the holidays, and with inbound marketing and social media continuing to explode, here’s my take on the 12 Days of Christmas , social media style. On the 12 th Day of Christmas, my content gave to me…. . P.S.
Calling All Social Media Marketers: If a Fan Posts a Social Testimonial in the Forest, Does Anyone Hear It?
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google The age old saying, ‘if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?’
Bye Bye, Google Reader: 3 Viable RSS Reader Alternatives You Can Use
JUNE 27, 2013
Alternative 2: Digg Reader. Digg is probably better known for its link sharing product, but it''s a natural jump for the company to create a reader of its own. A little less established than Feedly, Digg Reader was released in beta after working on it for a few months. If you''re cool with some potential bugginess, though, Digg might be the right new reader for you to try out.
20 Online Marketing Tools That Boost Campaign Results
JULY 19, 2016
Digg Reader. Digg Reader is a news aggregation service operated by Digg. How we use it : Digg Reader provides us with a way of staying on top of the latest trends across clients’ industries. As online marketers, we are required to understand all corners of the internet and continually expand our knowledge of the industry. SEO Tools. SERP Snippet Optimization Tool.
Creating Customer Rockstars: The Ultimate Marketing Gem
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Be a sponge, find the gems. That was some of the best advice I ever received from a mentor as I entered the start-up technology world. Many sponges and gems later, I truly believe I recently witnessed one of the … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
Helpful Instagram Analytics Tools, and Other Marketing Stories of the Week
JANUARY 13, 2013
is improving its search feature, and even Digg is playing along. Digg Says It’s Growing, Starting to Monetize, From Marketing Land. Looks like Digg is finding more opportunities for marketers to advertise on its platform! The new Digg platform launched about 6 months ago and is now starting to monetize. Guess what. We’re almost 2 weeks into the new year already. Updates!
Content Marketing in a Blink: The Content Grid v2 [Infographic]
It's All About Revenue
JUNE 22, 2011
by Joe Chernov | Tweet this Last June, Eloqua published the first infographic on the then-nascent content marketing industry. We called it The Content Grid. The public seemed to like the visual. It earned six awards, sparked dozens of speaking engagements, and triggered a number of “how do you _ calls from Fortune 500 companies. What a difference a year makes. Enter June 2011. Facebook.
Connect Your Blog to Facebook Automatically
Writing on the Web
FEBRUARY 18, 2011
Digg this! Are your blog posts fed automatically into Facebook? The other day I was horrified to learn that a dear client was manually posting his blog articles to Facebook. Yikes! No wonder blogging seems tiresome and time-consuming. I took my pencil and rapped him on the knuckles, gave him a virtual scowl and promised to write a post about how to do this. Facebook. Blog this on Blogger.
How to Stay on Top of Industry News & Trends: 35 Simple IFTTT Hacks to Try
JUNE 29, 2016
9) Save the day's most Dugg story from Digg to your Instapaper. 10) Get an email whenever Digg publishes a new story featuring a specific keyword. 15) Get an email with the most Dugg video on Digg every day. 29) Automatically tweet your Diggs. As marketers, we all face the same challenge: how do we stay on top of the news and trends that matter to our industry?
NOVEMBER 26, 2007
It’s making it’s way up the Digg charts. So back to this social media advice and see what happens in this PR case study, let’s trace my steps 1) I posted on the orginal bloggers blog 2) I posted on Digg 3) I posted here 4) I’ll post on your blog right after this post So 4 positive comments and beautiful Enchanted mojo for the price of one dumb post. Mike Keliher Says: November 26th, 2007 at 1:10 pm The thing that adds a wrinkle here for me is the 330 (and climbing) Diggs the original, accusing blog post has. What should I do? Watch what Disney does.
10 Clever Website Error Messages From Creative Companies
NOVEMBER 5, 2012
Digg is a social news website that gathers news from across the Internet and compiles it on one website for readers. Since people depend on Digg for a lot of their news, they use this funny message whenever they are down. Website up-time -- the amount of time a business' website is up and functioning -- is an important metrics for marketers and IT professionals to track. Tumblr.
17 Realistic Ways to Get More Website Traffic
NOVEMBER 5, 2015
6) Submit your content to StumbleUpon , Reddit , Digg , Technorati and elsewhere. Traffic is to digital marketing like gasoline is to an engine. It’s what makes it go. So it’s not too surprising that web traffic usually comes in at the top of the list for content marketing goals. Trouble is, traffic can be hard to get. Get the search engine optimization right. Rework your content.
Latest Case Study: Impact of Social Reviews on New Products Online www.oneillclothing.com
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google O’Neill Clothing Presented this Case Study at the eTail West Conference in Palm Springs in Feb 2013. The case study revolves around a common problem for brands and retailers – how to get reviews and buzz on a brand new … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
Athlete Sponsorships – The Most Under-Leveraged Social Marketing Asset
MAY 8, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google More and more brands and retailers are sponsoring athletes with the goal of leveraging their large following and influence to generate brand awareness. … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
Interview with Elizabeth Houston, aap3 for Cisco – On Social Engagement and Advocacy
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Q: How did you get your start in Social Media? A: I have always been interested in technology in general, especially community building.
Neuromarketing and How Content Marketing Works
Writing on the Web
NOVEMBER 23, 2010
Digg this! What are 3 ways to frustrated your reader’s brains? Last week, I presented a speech at the 5th International Customer Media Congress in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Besides sharing what neuromarketing is teaching us about the brain and marketing, there are tips here for most web-based content publications. I hope you enjoy it and learn something. Let me know if you have questions… Blog this on Blogger. Subscribe to the comments for this post? Share this on del.icio.us. Share this on Facebook. Share this on FriendFeed. Email this via Gmail. Post on Google Buzz.
20 Experts, 1 Awesome Resource: The Social Media ProBook
It's All About Revenue
JUNE 29, 2011
by Joe Chernov | Tweet this You may have noticed that over the past month or so, several influential social media professionals changed their profile pictures to funky avatars of themselves. Edelman’s David Armano went so far as to name his digital persona Vector David (I didn’t have the heart to point out his digital doppelganger’s unfortunate initials). That project goes live now. Right now.
My $900 Tweet…
APRIL 17, 2013
• Facebook • Twitter • Digg • StumbleUpon • Add to favorites • Email • RSS • Google Try to wrap your brain around this fact: there are more than 200 social networking sites currently available today. Say what?! As someone who’s job description dips into Marketing, Social Media, PR, and then some, this fact sometimes leaves me … Continue reading → Share and Enjoy.
The 4 C’s of B2B Marketing
Buzz Marketing for Technology
JANUARY 19, 2010
Digg this! We’ve all heard about the four P’s of marketing. Product. Price. Placement. Promotion. The four P’s were created mainly to describe the ideal “marketing mix. The term “marketing mix became popularized after Neil H. Borden published his 1964 article, Concept of the Marketing Mix. Connection – connecting with the audience you wish to attract.
How NOT to Do Social Media - Three Disastrous Social Media C**k Ups
SEPTEMBER 13, 2012
The recent sale of former social media darling Digg for $500,000 (it was valued at $175m four years ago) is a timely reminder that in the world of social media , nothing is forever. It got us thinking that despite the power of social media as an online marketing tool, all too often big business has managed to miss the point by a country mile, making a right royal mess of it in the process.