| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | WRITESPARK
MARCH 13, 2012 [Companies] White Papers: Does Your Writer Have an Eye for Detail?
Given that a white paper is usually a showcase marketing piece for your product and company, you have every right to expect that the writer has done the detail work to create a quality draft. An obvious typo. usage that shows a clear misunderstanding of the word's meaning or proper use. statement of quantitative results where the math doesn't add up. missing or incorrect source citation. These errors seem small on their own, but when they appear multiple times within your materials, they diminish your credibility in a reader's mind. their, there, they're).
| | WRITESPARK
MAY 14, 2013 [Companies] How Services Firms Grow with Online Marketing (Guest Post)
'A note from Janice: Professional services for activities such as infrastructure assessments, deployment planning, and outsourced IT operations are a significant revenue stream for many technology companies. There is one exception, however: both average and high growth firms focus equally on sending company newsletters, a popular tool that has been around for quite some time.
JUNE 11, 2013 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] Packaging Case Studies to Increase Their Promotional Value
MAY 14, 2013 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] How Services Firms Grow with Online Marketing (Guest Post)
APRIL 9, 2013 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] Murphy's Laws of High Tech Copywriting
MARCH 12, 2013 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] Do You Want a Case Study or Just Feedback?
FEBRUARY 12, 2013 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] Four Tips to Guarantee Freelancer Websites Deliver Great Results (Guest Post)
DECEMBER 12, 2012 | WRITESPARK
[Companies] WriteSpark: Best Blog Posts about Content Marketing
| || || |
| | WRITESPARK
DECEMBER 12, 2012 [Companies] WriteSpark: Best Blog Posts about Content Marketing
This month's list focuses on my best posts and recommended resources for content marketing as it applies to technology products, services, and companies. If you are involved in producing any type of technical sales or promotional materials, you'll find these posts helpful: What does the content tell you? Decision makers like details. Content tips for e-books. Content Marketing
| | WRITESPARK
MARCH 16, 2010 [Companies] 10 Signals That Your Project Needs a Professional Copywriter
In an ideal world, you would use a professional writer for every marketing or public relations document produced by your company. The project is important for generating sales, attracting publicity, educating analysts and investors, or producing other results for your company. You notice typos, grammar errors, and other writing problems in earlier materials produced by the company.
| | WRITESPARK
FEBRUARY 1, 2011 [Companies] Content Marketing Insights for Technology Companies
As a possible reason for this rating, the report concludes that the content produced by tech companies is not matched to the different information needs of buyers at different stages of their decision cycle. Has your company made this analysis? Yet the report shows that marketers give middling ratings for the effectiveness of much of this content. Content Marketing Sales Materials
| | WRITESPARK
OCTOBER 23, 2012 [Companies] WriteSpark: Best Blog Posts about Case Studies
In this blog, I frequently write about case studies, white papers, and content marketing for technical products and technology companies. And, you'll want to read these excellent books and share them with your team: Bill Lee's The Hidden Wealth of Customers , a thoughtful guide for justifying a full-fledged customer reference program to your company executives. Over the next few months, I'll list what I consider to be my very best posts on these topics, along with a few "must have" books and other resources to further your knowledge. What to do with a "not quite ready" case study.
| || || || |
WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2010 [Companies] Tell Your Own Stories
Does your company produce a product that it uses internally? Some of the largest technology companies are certainly users of their own products. Here are some sites to explore if internal stories would be suitable for promoting your company's products and services: Cisco Systems: Cisco IT at Work (Disclosure: Cisco is a client and I have written a substantial amount of content for this subsite.) Intel: IT@Intel Microsoft: Microsoft IT Showcase What materials and techniques have you used to share your company's product experience with customers and prospects? . MORE >>
WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2010 [Companies] Interviews Part 2: Are your questions leading or asking?
However, by creating an opening for whatever the customer tells you, you will likely gain information that has the greatest value to your company and project. I keep a file of interview questions for case studies that I have collected from various client projects over the years. Some question lists are short. Others run to multiple pages, with questions covering every detail of a customer's situation or product implementation. Of course, you want to match the number of questions to the allocated interview time. Then ask for the specific numbers or percentages for each type of savings.) MORE >>
WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2013 [Companies] Packaging Case Studies to Increase Their Promotional Value
'Go to the website of many technology companies and find the link for case studies. The page that appears is likely a long, undifferentiated list of all the case studies the company has ever produced. Or, they''ll look for a company name they recognize, even if that case study isn''t necessarily relevant to their interests or situation. Two quick and easy projects can make your case studies much more appealing to customers and increase their marketing value for your company. What a lost promotional opportunity! Case Studies Content Marketing Sales Materials MORE >>
WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2013 [Companies] Do You Want a Case Study or Just Feedback?
It may be harder for the writer to get the big-picture, business-focused story during the interview if the questions continually prompt a customer to discuss details of the product implementation or your company's support activity. By remembering what delivers the highest value for your company, a case study interview call can produce both effective marketing content and useful information for improving your product. . A prime customer has just agreed to participate in a case study for your product--great news! that add depth and interest to the case study. MORE >>
WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2011 [Companies] Your SMEs are tasked with more writing, but should they actually do it?
Or, they may not understand how to write for readers who have a limited understanding of English, which means their content may cause reader confusion or image problems for your company. Additionally, a SME may not know about marketing language requirements that help your company protect its brand. Does your company expect SMEs to do sales writing? Whether they like it or not, whether they feel capable or not, many technical subject matter experts (SMEs) are now expected to be a white paper writer, a web content writer, and a blog post writer. Time and workload demands. MORE >>
- [Companies] The Value of Qualitative Results in a Case Study WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2011
- [Companies] Why NOT to Publish an Audio or Video Transcript WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2010
- [Companies] Do You Need a Specialty Copywriter? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- [Companies] E-books: More Than a New Marcom Fashion WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2010
- [Companies] Murphy's Laws of High Tech Copywriting WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2013
- [Companies] Four Tips to Guarantee Freelancer Websites Deliver Great Results (Guest Post) WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2013
- [Companies] What's Wrong with Saying You're the Best? WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011
- [Companies] Case Studies: Does Your Team Know What Makes a Good Success Story? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JULY 10, 2012
- [Companies] White Papers: Too Much Fat, Not Enough Meat WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2012
- [Companies] What To Do With a "Not Quite Ready" Technology Case Study WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
- [Companies] The Value of LTRs with Freelance Copywriters WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2010
- [Companies] Article: Producing High-Value Customer Success Stories WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, APRIL 7, 2009
- [Companies] Understanding the Concerns of Technology Buyers WRITESPARK | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
- [Companies] How a Freelance Writer Can Help Solve Marcom Project Issues WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- [Companies] Do You Need a Freelancer or an Agency? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2010
- [Companies] Justifying the Cost of an Experienced Freelance Writer WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2012
- [Companies] Insist on the Right Copywriter WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
- [Companies] Is Your Topic Worthy of a White Paper? WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
- [Companies] When the Draft has "Problems" WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2008
- [Companies] How to Tell When You Have a Good Freelance Copywriter WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- [Companies] Technology PR Sessions at 2008 PRSA Conference WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2008
- [Companies] Technical Writer or Technical Copywriter? What's the Difference? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2008
- [Companies] Conference Focuses on Making the Most of Customer References WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2008
- [Companies] How Marketers Can Help Salespeople Succeed with Large Companies WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2008
- [Companies] B2B Tech Buyers Like Social Media WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2009
- [Companies] Set the Purchasing Agenda with White Papers WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2009
- [Companies] Article: Choosing the Right Sales Materials for the Challenge WRITESPARK | THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2009
- [Companies] Helping Your Customers Market to Their Customers WRITESPARK | THURSDAY, APRIL 23, 2009
- [Companies] Terrific Resources for Customer Reference Professionals WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2009
- [Companies] Buyers Increase Use of New Info Sources WRITESPARK | THURSDAY, JULY 30, 2009
- [Companies] Roundup: Social Media Policies from Technology Companies WRITESPARK | THURSDAY, AUGUST 6, 2009
- [Companies] Recruiting Customer References on your Website WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2009
- [Companies] New FTC Disclosure Guidelines for Testimonials and Endorsements WRITESPARK | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2009
- [Companies] Decision Makers Like Details WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2009
- [Companies] Are you still selling after the customer has been sold? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2010
- [Companies] Is It "Use It or Lose It" Time For Your Marketing Budget? WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2010
- [Companies] Justifying the Cost of a Professional Copy Writer WRITESPARK | TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.