| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JULY 18, 2011 14 ways B2B marketers can establish credibility.
My short travel through the business blog world last Friday was most educational. B2B Marketing Messaging B2B Marketing Business Communications Credibility Marketing Communicatons Marketing Messages TestimonialsFirst, on Jim’s Marketing Blog, I discovered Jim Connolly’s “Are you ready, willing and able? Then show me! It reminded me of an area I often lecture clients about but have never shared with my blog readers — the importance of building [.] 14 ways B2B marketers can establish credibility. is a post from: B2BMarketingSmarts.
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JULY 13, 2010 3 Great B2B Marketing Ideas I Read in (OMG) Print Media.
The box contained typical fishing paraphernalia plus a brochure promoting Sprint’s work grade communications and a business card from a Sprint Sales representative. 48% — Make business processes more efficient. 32% — Lower IT costs and business costs. 28% — Create a new business model and revenue stream for the company. The July issue of the U.S.
| || || |
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
DECEMBER 28, 2009 Smart B2B marketing calls to action for 2010.
Business buyers who are purchasing products and services do not want to be “sold by high-pressure messages. The suggestion in Bill’s blog is that the call to action could involve inviting leads to pass the content along to an associate or colleague, asking them to register for a newsletter or other subscription or inviting the reader to contact the business for a discussion.
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
JULY 27, 2010 Bad thoughts that block B2B marketing success.
Not every channel works or is a smart approach for every business. Blogs are mostly written from the experience of the individual blogger. This post is no exception — it came to mind when I heard a prospective client repeat one of the following statements, which I had already heard dozens of times. “Our target is IT. They won’t respond to direct mail marketing. Yikes!
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
APRIL 23, 2012 B2B marketing shalt not speak in strange tongues.
B2B Marketing Messaging Web Site Copy Business Communications Elevator PitchIt’s always nice to read someone else’s very solid argument in favor of some B2B marketing position I advocate. had this experience last week when reading the words of Peter Helmer on the MENG Blend blog. His post “For an Effective Elevator Speech, Obey the Ten Commandments” discussed one of my favorite topics — [.].
| | B2BMARKETINGSMARTS
APRIL 20, 2010 My 5 favorite B2B marketing numbers.
One big argument for integrated outbound marketing: Qualified B2B direct mail lists consistently provide 60% more records, business profiles and demographics than email marketing lists. Everyone — except perhaps the creative folks in advertising agencies — knows that marketing is a numbers game. like numbers. didn’t devise these numbers.
| || || || |
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS The 3 most important rules in B2B marketing copy.
| MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2011
The key to good written communication (in marketing and even in business
emails or letters) is to always speak to the lowest common denominator. B2B Marketing Best Practices B2B Marketing Creative B2B Marketing Messaging Uncategorized Business
CommunicationsBeing recognized by Gartner on one of their Magic Quadrants is the dream of most technology firms today. However, if a B2B marketer sees his or her favorite marketing copy phrase on the “Richards’ Quadrant, they should run and hide. That also goes for ROI, SFA, CRM, ERP and dozens of other B2B acronyms. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS Today’s 3 Biggest B2B Marketing Success Barriers are Human
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
As you can see, this blog is focused on B2B marketing best practices – the techniques and tactics that have been tested and proven to generate greater business
marketing results and success. Tags: B2B Marketing Best Practices B2B Content B2B Marketing B2B Marketing Channels B2B Marketing Messaging Business
marketing best practices Marketing Best Practices There are, however, barriers between the marketing department and its ability to use these best practices — and they are all human. Barrier #1: CEO. Barrier #2: Product Manager. It’s a big and important job. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS The two biggest B2B marketing campaign essentials.
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2011
But whatever process is put in place, it should produce enough business
intelligence to show B2B marketers how to optimize the performance of future efforts. Today’s B2B marketing directors have a long list of marketing options from which to choose: automated email marketing, direct mail lead generation, telemarketing, customer profiling, database enhancement, content creation, Web site re-designs, social media initiatives, trade shows, user conferences — the very scope boggles the mind. The opportunities are great. The risk of failure even greater. Dedicated email addresses. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS For B2B marketing success in 2011 — start with the data.
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2011
My colleague James Pennington, VP of Business
Development at Anderson Direct Marketing , has been railing on this issue for a long time, so I asked him to clarify why sales, CRM or transactional databases are not appropriate for use in marketing. The business
rules and the logic built into those programs do what they were designed to do — show individual sales people where leads, customers and prospects are in the buying cycle. With a database attached to each of them, it can be very tempting for B2B marketers to just tap that data for marketing purposes. None are customers. MORE >>
B2BMARKETINGSMARTS B2B marketing and sales is still about people.
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2012
Recently he sent me a copy of a report from 2009 loaded with interesting insight into the behavior of business
buyers. Paul Mosenson, President of NuSpark Marketing, is a very handy colleague to have. As a content aficionado, he frequently forwards valuable B2B marketing info that I might miss seeing otherwise. The 202 pages in [.] B2B marketing and sales is still about people. is a post from: B2BMarketingSmarts. Lead Handling and Nurturing Sales and Marketing B2B Marketing Sales MORE >>
- B2B Marketing Tip of the Day: Stop asking questions. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
- B2B marketers shouldn’t forget the human touch. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011
- B2B Marketing to Men vs. Women B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- A B2B marketing message angle that could close sales. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2009
- How B2B marketers can be winners at the game of tag. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2010
- Outbound calling works in B2B marketing and I can prove it. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012
- What’s missing from your B2B marketing strategy? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2011
- Today’s 3 Biggest B2B Marketing Success Barriers are Human: Part II B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2011
- Inbound and Outbound B2B Marketers Have the Same Challenge B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
- The best place to start all B2B marketing efforts. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2010
- Four Rules for Communicating with the “Crazy-Busy Prospect” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2010
- The final answer to a big B2B marketing content question. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2012
- Tips for winning the B2B company or product “name game.” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011
- Fun with B2B marketing B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, MARCH 7, 2011
- One little B2B marketing copy secret I learned in sales. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
- Single B2B marketing effort delivers $30MM in new business. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2012
- B2B marketers: Let your market be your guide. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012
- Where B2B marketing still grabs attention in today’s communication overload. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2011
- Why some B2B companies look lazy or careless. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 30, 2010
- What B2B marketers can learn from TV ads. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Two simple B2B marketing ideas I wish I’d thought of. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2009
- Why B2B marketers should know when lead relationships start. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2011
- B2B Nurturing: It Isn’t Just for Leads Anymore B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
- The most popular posts from B2B Marketing Smarts in 2012. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2012
- How often to send B2B lead acquisition efforts? Find your Uncle Harry. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
- B2B Marketers: Put your competition in its place. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
- To make big B2B marketing strides in 2010 — go lateral. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- My “duh” moment on the vital need for both inbound AND outbound B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2010
- Three Questions All B2B Marketing Should Answer in Eight Seconds or Less B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2010
- Are your B2B marketing messages boring? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009
- 20 years of marketing know-how summarized in 3 words B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2010
- In B2B marketing, it’s a no-compromise world. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- 5 ways B2B companies can make millions from referrals. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
- One great B2B marketing reminder and one new trend. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011
- To increase B2B marketing response, increase response options. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010
- Are B2B marketers offering too much stuff and not enough information? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2009
- Three dumb — and costly — B2B marketing mistakes. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2012
- Want to be a B2B business-development pro? Start here. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010
- B2B Marketing needs the ducks and the bird dogs. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2011
- Rock-Bottom Trade Show Tactics: Event Marketing on the Very Cheap B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011
- In B2B marketing — data is the new creative. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2009
- Making B2B marketing personalization personal B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2010
- Is your marketing barking up all the right trees? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2009
- Non-stop tips and insights for the muddled B2B marketing mind. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2011
- 3 things B2B marketers can learn from retailers. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010
- Two more ways to keep the camels out of B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2010
- B2B marketers should watch their words. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
- B2B marketers should be scared about doing the wrong things. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2009
- The dollars and sense of inbound vs. outbound marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- How B2B marketers can help overcome the “no budget” excuse B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- A B2B marketing and sales book everyone has time to read. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, MAY 31, 2011
- Conduct B2B marketing research in 15 minutes or less. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Two cool (and useful) services for B2B marketers B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2011
- Email lead generation — perception vs. reality. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
- “We” may be sabotaging your B2B marketing. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2010
- B2B marketing “Advice from the Top. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- Do today’s B2B marketing messages need to change? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2011
- The more B2B marketing changes, the more it stays the same. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010
- Want more qualified B2B leads? Say “show me the money.” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2009
- Advice to most B2B marketers: “Don’t sweat the big stuff.” B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2010
- Four ways to keep your B2B marketing Web site from turning away customers. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- When using comparison charts hurts sales. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2009
- Twitter and your B2B marketing budget. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2009
- Boost B2B sales with an “in your face” approach. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2009
- The best tips from B2BMarketingSmarts — so far. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009
- When being pretty does not help you stand out in a crowd. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2009
- Why it’s OK to be anti-social media. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2009
- Are your sales people being naughty or nice? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
- Some B2B marketers need to come out of the dark. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009
- Is planning the key to success in a slow economy? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
- Is anything missing from your online B2B brand? B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
- 6 tips for B2B landing pages that land business. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2009
- Two ideas in 20 seconds. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2009
- Content by any other name would smell as sweet. B2BMARKETINGSMARTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.