| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE POINT
JUNE 20, 2011 [Blog] 8 Things Your CEO Can Write About On His/Her Blog
Launching a CEO blog but the boss isn’t sure what to write about? Commentary/Analysis – as different from #1 (opinion), a written response to a third party article, blog post, report or market event. Paraphrase the question to fit your purpose and answer it on the blog. B2B Marketing blog marketing Blogs Social Media B2B blogs blog writing
| | THE POINT
DECEMBER 14, 2012 [Blog] How Much Of My Demand Generation Budget Should I Be Spending On Lead Nurturing?
Quick anecdote: one of the largest deals our firm closed in the last two years was with an individual I’ve known for years, was in our database, and subscribed to our blog. It’s that time of year again, and marketers’ thoughts turn to budgeting for the next 12 months. The fact that B2B marketers are even asking this question shows how far demand generation thinking has progressed.
MARCH 13, 2013 | THE POINT
[Blog] 3 Keys to an Effective Autoresponder Program
JANUARY 17, 2013 | THE POINT
[Blog] 3 Demand Generation Goals to Avoid in 2013
DECEMBER 14, 2012 | THE POINT
[Blog] How Much Of My Demand Generation Budget Should I Be Spending On Lead Nurturing?
NOVEMBER 16, 2012 | THE POINT
[Blog] Has Content Marketing Made Branding Obsolete?
OCTOBER 31, 2012 | THE POINT
[Blog] Slidecast: Getting Leads (and More!) From Your Blog
AUGUST 6, 2012 | THE POINT
[Blog] 9 Ideas (and 1 Big Lesson) from the Marketo Social Marketing Roadshow
| || || |
| | THE POINT
JUNE 27, 2012 [Blog] 5 Campaign Ideas for When You Have No Content
Do you offer email subscriptions to your blog ? Make that newsletter or blog the offer in your next campaign, and sell it just like you would any other informational offer like a white paper or Webinar – by promoting the value of the content, and by describing what the reader will learn/gain by becoming a subscriber. Answer: you get creative. Run a survey. Host a game or sweepstakes.
| | THE POINT
JULY 13, 2012 [Blog] Do Lead Nurturing Campaigns Always Need an Offer?
Here’s an excerpt from the comment I posted to his blog: “I love the idea of the 411 Principle as applied to Twitter and Facebook and I’d suggest it could easily extend to blog posts also. In my last post , I talked about creative campaign ideas for when you have no content to offer. Which leads to another question: do certain types of campaigns even need an offer in the first place? Take lead nurturing : is it strictly essential that every lead nurturing touch include a specific, gated, call to action? But maybe that’s just me. Occasionally? More than once every couple of weeks?
| | THE POINT
NOVEMBER 16, 2012 [Blog] Has Content Marketing Made Branding Obsolete?
The leads that you generate from a white paper about best practices, or a Webinar about ROI, or an infographic about industry trends, or (ahem) a blog post about a “hot topic” all serve to make your brand irrelevant. Confession: as a died-in-the-wool direct marketer, I am a branding cynic. Now that’s not to say that a brand isn’t real, for some. Starbucks is a successful brand. And Coke.
| | THE POINT
MARCH 29, 2012 [Blog] 3 Ways to Make Your Corporate Blog’s Sidebar Work Harder
Want a simple way to have your corporate blog show measurable results? If you post blog content to your Facebook or LinkedIn or Google Plus page, add those also. One of the most effective ways to generate blog leads is to feature downloadable content – white papers, case studies, analyst reports – in your sidebar, and gate that content behind registration forms.
| || || || |
THE POINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2010 [Blog] 21 Tips & Other Impressions from the Marketo User Summit
Use separate URLs when promoting content via Twitter, Facebook, blogs, PR, etc. Use multiple excerpts from your new white paper as blog posts (or tweets). Earlier this week, Marketo , the marketing automation company, held its second ever user conference in San Francisco. As a Marketo agency partner, I attended along with colleagues from Spear Marketing Group to greet clients, talk shop, and hear how other companies – including Marketo themselves – are putting technology to use in the service of improved lead management. It’s all heady stuff. Think you have enough content? Email? MORE >>
THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2011 [Blog] No Leads from Social Media? No Excuses.
For example, take this blog our agency designed more than a year ago for Navicure , a leading online medical claims clearinghouse. The blog generated more than 500 leads in its first 9 months alone, and this from a target audience (billing managers at small- to mid-sized medical practices) that can hardly be described as the Facebook crowd. At last report, the program was generating a 400 percent ROI based on revenue generated that could be attributed directly to, or influenced by, leads that came directly from the blog. I, for one, don’t think the reasons are that complex. MORE >>
THE POINT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2010 [Blog] Q4 Marketing Budget: 4 Key Areas to Consider
Improve your blog. Does your corporate blog contribute to overall marketing ROI in a measurable way? blog should be the centerpiece of your social media strategy. If you’re using a stock WordPress template absent any customization or branding, or if your blog hasn’t evolved much since the CEO first got the writing bug three years ago, it’s time for a re-launch. In B2B circles, Q4 is historically a time of year when marketing spend picks up. Time to consider, then: where can you focus your Q4 marketing investment for the highest possible return? Make SEM work harder. MORE >>
THE POINT | TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011 [Blog] Marketo Email Campaign Keeps It Short & Sweet
Marketo did not solicit this blog post, nor were they consulted on its content.]. A client confessed recently that one of the reasons his company had selected Marketo as a marketing automation provider was because he was so impressed by their marketing. His logic (presumably): if a technology provider is promising to help improve our marketing effectiveness, shouldn’t their own marketing reflect those same high standards? Tangentially, I’d argue that more companies should select marketing agencies by the same criteria.). Is this an email design to make art directors swoon? To wit: 1. MORE >>
THE POINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 6, 2012 [Blog] 9 Ideas (and 1 Big Lesson) from the Marketo Social Marketing Roadshow
Social media used to mean launching a blog, or designing a corporate Facebook page. Add a pop-up window on thank you pages, blogs, Webinar confirmation pages, or content like white papers that asks the viewer to share content. Last week I attended (and was a presenter at) the Seattle edition of Marketo’s 2012 Social Marketing Rockstar Tour , a roving conference/seminar series being held this summer in cities nationwide. Marketo bills the event as an opportunity to hear, learn, and share advice on B2B social media marketing strategy. Social sharing buttons (Like, +1, Tweet, etc.) MORE >>
- [Blog] Is Social Media Wasted on PR Agencies? THE POINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2009
- [Blog] Top 10 Posts on B2B Lead Gen for 2010 THE POINT | MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2010
- [Blog] Report: B2B Blogging Trends in 2011 THE POINT | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2011
- [Blog] Blog Makeover Nets Sales Leads for Software Company THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2010
- [Blog] Lead Generation Losing Out to Social Media? Not So Much. THE POINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2011
- [Blog] 3 Demand Generation Goals to Avoid in 2013 THE POINT | THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013
- [Blog] Segmentation, Social Media Drive Lead Nurturing Success for iDirect THE POINT | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2011
- [Blog] Podcast (Part 3): Using Blogs to Generate Leads THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2011
- [Blog] When Emails Go Bad: A Lesson in How to Apologize THE POINT | MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010
- [Blog] 3 Keys to an Effective Autoresponder Program THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13, 2013
- [Blog] How to Revive a Dying E-Newsletter: 4 Tips THE POINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2011
- [Blog] Dialogue Marketing: A Conversation with Maria Pergolino THE POINT | FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2011
- [Blog] Mix Up Offer Content to Keep Nurturing Prospects Engaged THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- [Blog] How to Answer a Question: 5 Tips for Making the Most of LinkedIn THE POINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- [Blog] A Simple Technique for Reducing Bounces & Unsubscribes THE POINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010
- [Blog] Slidecast: Getting Leads (and More!) From Your Blog THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- [Blog] TechValidate: Marketing Content that Writes Itself THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- [Blog] Best B2B Holiday Card of the Year? THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011
- [Blog] Animoto: Easy, Cost-Effective Video Content to Go THE POINT | MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011
- [Blog] Welcome to The Point THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- [Blog] 6 Easy Steps to Increase Leads from Your Corporate Blog THE POINT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2009
- [Blog] Great New Resource for B2B Marketers – B2B Marketing Zone THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2009
- [Blog] How Often Should I Email My Database? THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009
- [Blog] Generating Blog Traffic (and Leads) Using Email Subscriptions THE POINT | THURSDAY, MAY 28, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.