| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE POINT
DECEMBER 17, 2010 The New B2B Buyer Dialog: A Conversation with Kathleen Schaub
Most B2B companies will readily acknowledge how much the Web has transformed the way they market their product or service, most visibly in the form of vehicles like search, content marketing, social media, and lead management. Fewer companies, however, can claim to have adapted their sales process as readily. HS) What’s different about the B2B selling process compared to say, 5 or 10 years ago?
| | THE POINT
AUGUST 17, 2010 5 Ways To Incorporate Direct Mail Into Your Marketing Mix
Pop Quiz! Direct Mail is: a) more expensive than email. b) quaintly old-fashioned. c) regaining popularity in B2B circles. d) often overlooked as an effective way to reach customers and prospects. Answer: (e) all of the above. Yet many B2B marketers continue to be allergic to the idea of using direct mail, simply because it seems such a throwback in our mobile-social-online era. Lead Nurturing.
| || || |
| | THE POINT
OCTOBER 14, 2010 21 Tips & Other Impressions from the Marketo User Summit
Earlier this week, Marketo , the marketing automation company, held its second ever user conference in San Francisco. As a Marketo agency partner, I attended along with colleagues from Spear Marketing Group to greet clients, talk shop, and hear how other companies – including Marketo themselves – are putting technology to use in the service of improved lead management. It’s all heady stuff. Based on first-hand impressions, however, it’s not how the vast majority of clients are employing (or even thinking of) marketing automation. m just not sure the rest of us are quite there yet. Email?
| | THE POINT
NOVEMBER 15, 2010 5 Ways to Segment Your Lead Nurturing Campaign
Relevancy is one of the key factors in generating a consistent response from your lead nurturing emails: the more relevant your message to the reader’s job function, industry, interests, and stage in the selling cycle, the more likely he/she will be to respond. Most marketing automation platforms make it a simple task to “clone” emails and landing pages, and create variations on the fly.
| | THE POINT
DECEMBER 6, 2010 Top 10 Posts on B2B Lead Gen for 2010
Without further ado, here are the top 10 most popular blog posts from our blog, “ The Point ” in 2010 (as measured by page views). Normally, a survey like this might indicate something about hot topics or key trends, but here instead the popularity of the top posts has everything to do with one word: search. Comments after the fold. 26 Must-Have Negative Keywords for B2B PPC Campaigns.
| | THE POINT
SEPTEMBER 20, 2010 Q4 Marketing Budget: 4 Key Areas to Consider
In B2B circles, Q4 is historically a time of year when marketing spend picks up. Sales teams need the push to meet year-end numbers, whilst at other companies, spending marketing dollars in Q4 is simply a matter of “use it or lose it.” Even with the recession now officially over , and the economy slowly entering a period of recovery, this year seems to be no exception to the trend. Sound familiar?
| || || || |
THE POINT In Email Marketing, Don’t Ask Questions
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2010
If you’re in the, say: Widget Alignment business, you can be forgiven for thinking that your lead generation programs should be laser-focused on finding people that need their widgets aligned. From there, it’s a short and intuitive leap to simply asking people if they need their widgets aligned, or whether they’ve considered the benefits of alignment, so you can help ease their pain. But what of the people who desperately need their widgets aligned but just don’t know they have the problem? Or those that know they need alignment, but don’t consider it a priority? Just tell them how to solve it. MORE >>
THE POINT Do Email Open Rates Really Matter?
| THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
Open rates are generally paid more attention than they’re due. The ugly truth is this: an open rate is NOT an accurate measure of how many people opened or read an email, neither is it an absolute measure of a subject line’s success. So why are there misconceptions about what an open rate means, and how can it be used as a valid statistic in measuring the success of email campaigns, if at all? Let’s start by defining what open rate means. “In addition, many webmail services and email clients block images by default, or the recipient may elect to receive text-only versions of an email. MORE >>
THE POINT Lead Nurturing & the 80/20 Rule
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010
A couple of months ago, in a respected marketing Webzine, there appeared a case study detailing a software company that had gone to impressive lengths to make the most of their investment in marketing automation. The lead nurturing program they implemented included 40+ (yes, forty) separate and distinct tracks of emails, tailored to different audience segments, product interests, and stages in the lead lifecycle. That is, by most standards, a program of gordian complexity, and the effort and strategic thinking that went into its design should be lauded. But is all that necessary? Not really. MORE >>
THE POINT 7 Mistakes To Avoid In Your Next Webinar Invitation
| THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010
I’ve written a number of times in this space about how to maximize response from email Webinar invitations. The campaign below from Parallels , a Swiss-based software company, provides a handy illustration of those techniques by displaying what key mistakes to avoid. For example: 1. Sell the offer, not the product. You don’t need to disguise your brand necessarily, but if the goal of the email is to get the reader to register for the event, the less that event appears to be a litany of reasons to buy your product, the better. Lead with compelling benefits, not just facts. Use images wisely. MORE >>
THE POINT 26 Must-Have Negative Keywords for B2B PPC Campaigns
| TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 2010
Success in paid search (PPC) is often defined as generating quality clicks and conversions at the lowest possible cost. But just as often, a successful search campaign depends as much on avoiding bad clicks as it does on generating good ones. In fact, any experienced search marketer will tell you that many of the quickest ways to improve PPC campaign performance fall into the category of eliminating wasteful spending. One of the easiest and most effective ways to improve the ROI from your search budget is through the use of negative keywords. Have suggestions for other useful negative keywords? MORE >>
- Eloqua’s “Juan Eloqua” Campaign: Email Creative at Its Best THE POINT | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- The First (Almost) Clickable Direct Mail THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
- Getting the Most from Salesforce.com: A Conversation with David Taber THE POINT | THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2010
- New White Paper: Top 10 Tips for Lead Nurturing Success THE POINT | FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2010
- Are Webinars too Popular? THE POINT | MONDAY, JULY 19, 2010
- Factoids: How to Tweet Multiple Times About the Same Offer THE POINT | THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010
- When Emails Go Bad: A Lesson in How to Apologize THE POINT | MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010
- 2011 B2B Marketing Outlook, According to Google THE POINT | THURSDAY, JANUARY 20, 2011
- 3 Reasons to Add Email to Your Lead Follow-Up Process THE POINT | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2010
- Why Companies Buy Marketing Automation Software THE POINT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2010
- What Response Rate Should I Expect From My Campaign? THE POINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- Does Renting Email Lists Make Sense Any More? THE POINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
- Can Games Play a Role in B2B Marketing? THE POINT | TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010
- Blog Makeover Nets Sales Leads for Software Company THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2010
- Does Marketing Automation Work With a Cold List? THE POINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- 10 Questions: Do You Need Marketing Automation? THE POINT | THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2010
- Quick Tips for Lead Generation Success (Podcast) THE POINT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
- Help Our Client Choose a Logo (Poll) THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
- Mix Up Offer Content to Keep Nurturing Prospects Engaged THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- How to Answer a Question: 5 Tips for Making the Most of LinkedIn THE POINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Email Critique: CMS Vendor Asks Too Many Questions THE POINT | FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010
- A Simple Technique for Reducing Bounces & Unsubscribes THE POINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010
- Email Critique: Adobe Webcast Invite Keeps It Simple THE POINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2010
- Gmail Priority Inbox: the Death Knell for Email as Lead Generation? THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2010
- Banner Ads I Like: Adobe THE POINT | THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 2010
- If Lead Nurturing is the Question, is Software the Answer? THE POINT | TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010
- Book Review: Essential Marketing Automation Handbook THE POINT | FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2010
- Call Every New Sales Lead 6 Times? Sorry, that’s Crazy. THE POINT | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011
- Welcome to The Point THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.