| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | BUNGALO
SEPTEMBER 4, 2010 Net Worth
In small business, many owners are not only trying to build income, but they are also trying to build their “net worth.. recently heard a new perspective (from Tim Ferris’s blog) on “net worth that relates to many firms in the building industry. Most people derive “net worth by taking your assets and subtracting your liabilities. absolutely confident 2.
| | BUNGALO
SEPTEMBER 13, 2010 NARI Minnesota CoTY awards
All submissions are non-refundable and due by 1:00 on Thursday, September 30, 2010. I heard through the grapevine that CoTY entries are down this year. If you can complete a binder or two, the chances of winning are really, really good. Can’t find the time? Suppose it takes 6 hours to complete an entry – that’s about 1/2 hour per day, between now and the end of the month – very doable. If you divide the work between two people… more doable. 2) Publicity — Award winning projects are “newsworthy and are more likely to capture the attention of editors.
| | BUNGALO
OCTOBER 8, 2010 Last time sewer line cleaned: 1997
About a week ago Acme Drain Cleaning Service left a flyer on my front doorstep. The flyer got my attention, and made me think about getting the sewer line between the house and the street cleaned out. It’s bright yellow and I left it on my desk as a reminder of the possible disaster awaiting me and my checkbook if I ignored this important issue too long. Should I call these guys?
| | BUNGALO
AUGUST 16, 2010 Get a jump on link-building
It seems everyone in the building industry is buzzing about search engine optimization or SEO — the practice of optimizing your website so that you will “be found by the search engines. Competition to top search engine results for long-tail search terms like “St Paul Remodeling and “minneapolis custom cabinets is intensifying. Before long, it will be impossible to achieve top rankings without a good link-building strategy. Avoid mass-submission/ SEO-play article sites. It’s ok to submit a press release to the online services. But be careful!
| || || || |
BUNGALO How to Optimize Your Site for Search
| THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
There’s so much to know about websites and online marketing, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. This is especially true in the building and remodeling world. Where a lot of people are way behind the curve. So — in the spirit of helping you learn what every small business owner should know about online marketing — I’m going to point you to a really helpful article on the subject. Here it is: How to Optimize Your Site for Search. This is a really good newsletter. also recommend subscribing to Today’s Small Business News. It’s where I found the article. MORE >>
BUNGALO Portfolio: Before and After
| THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
I’m a fan of WIRED. It’s about technology, mostly, but they often include features about the intersection of technology, design, entertainment, economics, business, etc. So technology is their “lens for looking at the world. While finishing my lunch today, this makeover caught my eye. Click on the picture to make it bigger. Now ask yourself: how interesting would this story be without the text? Not very. And yet, this is exactly how many businesses in the industry present their work — online and in printed sales tools. Pictures. No text. No captions. No context. MORE >>
BUNGALO Taking the Leap to Geographically Expand.
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
Gaining Market Share: To penetrate, or geographically expand? Definition of penetrate: Deepen your awareness, volume per client, repeat & referral business, and the types of services you sell within your own backyard. Definition of geographically expand: “self explanatory,” outside your core market. picked up a publication today in Hudson, Wisconsin that marketed to women in the area. What caught my attention was a building firm that has been known to dominate Edina, Minnesota, was advertising with a full page ad, nearly 40 miles from their home base. Filed under: branding , strategy. MORE >>
BUNGALO Googled: referrals weak connections
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
Researching an article on networking for NARI Remodeler’s Journal, I was wondering: Do referrals come from weak connections? So I Googled “referrals weak connections and came upon this terrific post by Peppers and Rogers Group: Harnessing the power of your weak ties. The research confirms my intuition – yes, referrals and opportunities come not just from strong relationships, but very often from “weak ties — friends of friends, acquaintances, people outside your primary network. For example, if I’m an artist, I’ll know a lot of other artists very well. MORE >>
BUNGALO “Wing Man”
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2010
As an avid kayaker, I have spent hundreds of hours on the water. On certain occasions, unique things occur. Recently, as a paddled, a Bald Eagle started flying back and forth (up and down river). He circled looking for fish nearly 100 feet above the water. few minutes later, I noticed a Heron on the rock bank also attempting the same task (catch dinner!), but the technique was different. This heron is built to fish from the shore vs. the sky. I quickly snapped a photo with my phone as I paddled by. The body language is what really caught my attention. MORE >>
- Ten Ways to Beef Up Your Marketing (without spending more money) BUNGALO | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- What Style Is That House? BUNGALO | THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010
- Keyword Basics BUNGALO | MONDAY, JUNE 7, 2010
- Net Worth BUNGALO | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2010
- NARI Minnesota CoTY awards BUNGALO | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
- Googled: referrals weak connections BUNGALO | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
- Last time sewer line cleaned: 1997 BUNGALO | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010
- Taking the Leap to Geographically Expand. BUNGALO | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- When you wave your magic wand, make sure they notice. BUNGALO | TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2010
- evite invitations BUNGALO | TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010
- Tripped over Tumblr BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010
- What’s wrong with neighborhood mailings? BUNGALO | MONDAY, MAY 24, 2010
- Free Stock Images BUNGALO | MONDAY, MAY 17, 2010
- Word of Mouth Marketing BUNGALO | SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2010
- Track this marketing metric BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
- The Advertising “Toll” BUNGALO | SUNDAY, MAY 9, 2010
- How are you showing up? BUNGALO | THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010
- I want to grow revenue in 2010. Should I hire a sales rep? BUNGALO | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- Referral Tips for Home Improvement Pros BUNGALO | MONDAY, JANUARY 18, 2010
- Your Pencil Can’t Get Any Sharper BUNGALO | THURSDAY, JANUARY 14, 2010
- Nothing Left to Cut – Now what? BUNGALO | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- How to write a press release BUNGALO | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.