| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE POINT
NOVEMBER 24, 2009 Tempted to Do Away With Registration Forms? Think Again.
A client asks: “Now that we have our marketing automation system in place, is it really necessary to use registration forms in our lead nurturing (follow-up) campaigns? After all, we already know who these people are, correct? Can we do without?”. In addition: 1. click-through is not the same as someone submitting a registration form (even one that is pre-populated).
| | THE POINT
OCTOBER 8, 2009 Is Social Media Wasted on PR Agencies?
First, let’s get this out of the way: I know some very smart people in the PR field. Yes, some of my best friends are PR people. But good grief. m ready to conclude that many PR agencies don’t really get it when it comes to social media. Either that, or they’re just choosing to frame the discussion in such a way as to greatly limit the potential of their clients’ social media initiatives. Recently I was made privy to a social media plan authored by a client’s PR agency. The stated objectives of said plan were: * increase awareness amongst bloggers, influencers and prospects. All true.
| || || |
| | THE POINT
JUNE 16, 2009 Top 5 Lead Management Excuses (with Poll)
Furthermore, only 15% of those same respondents planned to deploy or expand their lead management initiatives in 2009. According to a recent industry survey by Demand Gen Report , fewer than 10 percent of marketing executives who responded have automated lead nurturing strategies and processes in place. As someone who sees clients achieving very real, [.].
| | THE POINT
MAY 14, 2009 Salesforce.com Webinar Invitation Gets It Right
There are many things that work well in the Webinar invitation below from Salesforce.com, but one of my favorite elements is the smallest: the link at the top left corner that reads: “View on a PDA.” Click and you’re linked to a hosted, plain text, narrow-column version of the same message. In a [.].
| | THE POINT
SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 TechValidate: Marketing Content that Writes Itself
What single hurdle keeps B2B marketers from achieving the best possible results from inbound marketing, social media, and lead nurturing? It’s content. Or rather, it’s LACK of content.) Without a consistent stream of compelling, original, relevant information to offer, landing pages fail to convert visitors to leads, blogs wither, and lead nurturing [.].
| | THE POINT
SEPTEMBER 1, 2009 How to Make Your Thank You Page Work Harder
The Thank You Page is the forgotten child of online marketing. As the place to send prospects once they’ve filled out your registration form, most thank you pages host the content on offer, a Google conversion code, a link to the corporate Website, and little else. But is that a missed opportunity? [.].
| || || || |
THE POINT Novell Webinar Invitation Needs a New Approach
| TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2009
As I have often lectured in this space, much of what makes for an effective email has less to do with deliverability, mobile compatibility, social media functionality, and all the technical bells and whistles that most people fret about, and more about basic direct response principles such as a strong subject line and a compelling [.]. MORE >>
THE POINT Implementing Marketing Automation: 2 Biggest Regrets
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2009
DemandGen Report just released a report detailing the results of a survey in which they heard from more than 50 executives at organizations who have implemented marketing automation solutions. You can download a complete copy of the report, sponsored by Manticore, here.) Some of the survey’s conclusions are fairly predictable. Companies are showing strong [.]. MORE >>
THE POINT 7 Lead Gen Techniques I Learned From My Junk Mail
| THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2009
Sometimes it pays to look outside your normal circle of peers for inspiration. Here’s a postcard I received recently from the Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife. What do fishing licenses have to do with B2B demand generation? Not much. But the very fundamental direct marketing principles on display here [.]. MORE >>
THE POINT 5 Reasons to Include Branded Terms in Your Paid Search Campaign
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2009
A client writes: “If we include our company and product names as keywords in our PPC (paid search) campaign, won’t we simply be cannibalizing our SEO effort, i.e. paying for clicks that we otherwise would have generated for free?” Answer: It’s true that you may have generated Web traffic from the same people anyway, but there [.]. MORE >>
THE POINT How to Choose the Right Offer for your PPC Landing Page
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2009
Do search campaigns demand a different approach to offer strategy compared to other demand generation programs, say emails? Answer: yes. Remember, there are two fundamental truths about someone arriving at your landing page via a search ad: 1. He/she received very little information about your company in the ad (105 characters to be precise, including the URL) so it pays to consider the person uninformed and unconvinced. He/she could be anywhere on the buying spectrum – from initial research and education, to final, I-want-to-buy-one-of-these-today evaluation. and so on. MORE >>
- Are Social Links the Answer to Lagging Email Response? THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2009
- Take a Sales Guy to Lunch: Bridging the Sales & Marketing Divide THE POINT | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2009
- Citrix Email Campaign Crashes on Takeoff THE POINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2009
- 6 Easy Steps to Increase Leads from Your Corporate Blog THE POINT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2009
- Common Email Mistake to Avoid THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2009
- New Ebook – 65 Tips on B2B Demand Generation THE POINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009
- Appointment Setting: Where Does It Fit In Today’s Demand Generation Mix? THE POINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2009
- Marketo’s Ebook: A Lesson In Content Marketing THE POINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2009
- eBook Review: Marketo’s Definitive Guide to Lead Nurturing THE POINT | TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2009
- Why Free Trial Offers Aren’t Always the Best Choice THE POINT | TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2009
- Great New Resource for B2B Marketers – B2B Marketing Zone THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2009
- Is Direct Marketing Relevant Anymore? THE POINT | MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2009
- ConnectAndSell: Novel Solution for Increasing Sales Efficiency THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2009
- How Often Should I Email My Database? THE POINT | WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009
- Generating Blog Traffic (and Leads) Using Email Subscriptions THE POINT | THURSDAY, MAY 28, 2009
- Demandbase: Converting More Web Visitors into Leads THE POINT | FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2009
- Lead Gen: Don’t Go for the Quick Sale THE POINT | MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2009
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.