| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | VIEWPOINT
SEPTEMBER 26, 2011 Five Ways B2B Marketers Can Get the Most from Facebook
T oday we're pleased to have Paul Gillin as our guest blogger. Paul is a speaker, writer and B2B social media strategist. His latest book is Social Marketing to the Business Customer , co-authored with Eric Schwartzman. lot of B2B marketers have chosen not to get on board the Facebook train for fear that Facebook's freewheeling culture clashes with their serious business. Here are five tips.
| | VIEWPOINT
JUNE 7, 2011 Five Reasons Your Lead Generation Campaigns May Not Be Working
Today's guest blogger, Craig Rosenberg, is Vice President, Focus Expert Network at Focus , a company whose mission is to make business expertise available to everyone. Craig works with business and industry experts to cultivate the Focus.com network. For the past 11 years, I have been advising organizations on how to plan and execute their b2b lead generation campaigns. B2B lead generation is complex, and there is always work to be done. There are some big reasons why lead generation campaigns fail that must be dealt with at the outset, before sweating the small stuff.
| || || |
| | VIEWPOINT
JUNE 27, 2011 Outsourcing Lead Generation: A CMO’s Perspective
There are many factors to consider when deciding whether to do outbound lead generation in-house or to partner with a lead generation services firm. thought it would be interesting to share the perspective of a chief marketing officer who has experience on both sides of the question. Karen Hayward is Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of CenterBeam, an IT managed service provider.
| | VIEWPOINT
JANUARY 11, 2011 10 Inside Sales Predictions for 2011
Comment on The Bridge Group's ten predictions for inside sales in 2011. Trish Bertuzzi and Laurie Page start the new year off with some surprising predictions. Roles will continue to segment. No longer will the Inside Sales Rep be a “jack of all trades” Roles will be clearly defined and measured based on specific desired outcomes. Hunters will go after new business while farmers will cultivate the customer base. Some reps will focus on converting inbound inquiries to opportunities while others will be proactive and target specific accounts. All others will fall by the wayside.
| | VIEWPOINT
MARCH 22, 2011 B2B Marketers, Analyze This: How Do Prospects Score YOU on Their Experience?
Today's guest blogger, Bob Thompson, is CEO of CustomerThink Corp. an independent research and publishing firm focused on customer-centric business management, and Founder/Editor-in-Chief of CustomerThink.com , the world's largest community dedicated to customer-centric business. Imagine going into bank to open up a checking account with a few dollars you've managed to scrape together. Improved?
| | VIEWPOINT
JULY 21, 2011 Outbound vs. Inbound: The Risk Management Issue in the Complex Sale
Companies providing complex, high-investment solutions are facing a significant risk management issue in light of Sirius Decisions and others finding that B2B buyers are self-educating and moving through as much as 70% of the sales funnel before connecting with sales. SQLs and closed deals) at risk. Executive work styles and late adopters. Complex internal buying landscapes. High-investment offers.
| || || || |
VIEWPOINT eMarketing Expert Ardath Albee on the Limitations of a Lead Gen Mindset
| MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
I recently had the opportunity to interview Ardath Albee about the importance of lead nurturing and I think you’ll be interested to read some of the valuable feedback she provided. PC: Ardath, you’ve written a lot about the importance of using lead nurturing to engage leads across the entirety of the buying process. Yet B2B marketers seem to be more focused on lead generation than the rest of the process. Is that a problem? AA: Yes. really think it’s an impediment to the effectiveness of marketing in becoming a strategic arm of the company, rather than just a cost center. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT 4 Trends Shaping B2B Marketing in 2011
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2011
Today's guest blogger, Ann Handley, is the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs and the co-author of the brand-new book, Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business. Wiley, 2011). Follwer her on Twitter @marketingprofs. As an editor and marketer, I spend a lot of time thinking about the “how to”—in other words, how to translate the best and more interesting marketing ideas into truly actionable steps for organizations looking to grow their business. Like at the start of a new year. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT Why You Must Nurture Your Dream Clients
| MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
We are honored to have Anthony Iannarino as a guest blogger this month. Anthony is President and CSO of SOLUTIONS Staffing , Director of B2B Sales Coach & Consultancy , and author of The Sales Blog. Over at The Sales Blog, I write about dream clients. Your dream client is the prospect for whom you can do jaw-dropping, breath-taking, earth-shattering work. You have a list of dream clients and, if you are like a lot of sales organizations, you are guilty of neglecting this list; your dream clients are also the most difficult prospects to penetrate because they have existing relationships. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT Who is teaching the CMO how to sell?
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2011
Debbie Qaqish is Principal Partner and Chief Revenue Marketing Officer for demand generation agency, The Pedowitz Group. nationally recognized thought leader and innovator in revenue generation, Qaqish has over 30 years of experience helping organizations connect marketing to revenue. She is a pioneer in marketing automation—first as a beneficiary of the technology and now as an advocate and expert. Her first book, " The Rise of the Revenue Marketer ® ," will be published in 2012. Who is teaching the CMO how to sell? Who doesn’t want this? But all is not lost. MORE >>
VIEWPOINT Marketing Managers Must Know the Sales Quotas
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2011
James Obermayer, Executive Director and CEO of the Sales Lead Management Association and President of Sales Leakage Consulting is a regular guest blogger with ViewPoint. Ten years ago I asked an assembled 200 plus marketing managers how many knew the quotas for the salespeople/sales channels that sold their products. Two people raised their hands. asked the same question last year (I do this at almost every speech) and this time 25% raised their hands. 25% is a common response. 75% didn’t know the quotas! How can they create a marketing plan? This is $55 MM +. Do you have your own quotas? MORE >>
- Andy Rooney on Sales Leads VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Let the Flamethrowers Throw Flames: Why sales hunters should not be prospecting VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- The Power of the Human Voice in Lead Qualification & Lead Nurturing VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
- Metrics to Drive Lead Generation Performance VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2011
- Create Performance Combustion to Get the Sale VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- Beyond Financials: VC & IPO Due Diligence on Sales & Marketing Metrics VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011
- Jeff Pedowitz on The State of Marketing Automation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011
- 7 Hot Email Prospecting Tips VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2011
- Buckle Up! Sales Reps Share Perceptions of Marketing-Generated Leads VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2011
- Thank You to Our 27 Guest Marketing and Sales Bloggers in 2011! VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2011
- The “Keystone” of B2B Corporations isn’t CRM or Marketing Automation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
- A Wink's as Good as a Nod to a Blind Mule VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, JULY 18, 2011
- What if Marketing Automation had not been invented? VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2011
- Outsourcing Strategic Account Management – What, are you crazy?! VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- The 11th Question to Ask Before Buying a Marketing Automation Solution VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011
- The R and the I – What’s Engagement Worth? VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2011
- 2011 Top Sales & Marketing Awards Nominations VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2011
- Parallels: Social Manufacturing & Outsourcing Manufacturing Lead Generation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2011
- Lead Management: Let’s Formalize this Relationship VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2011
- You’ll never break a horse if you stay sittin on the fence! VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2011
- A 3 Step Process to Make Social Media Produce Sales VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2011
- The Top Ten Actions to take from the book: "Social Marketing to the Business Customer" VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
- Dealing with the New Customer Acquisition Challenge VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2011
- Is Your Web-based Content Driving Away Sales Leads VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2011
- The Truth About Leads, Marketing Automation and Strategic Account Management VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, MARCH 8, 2011
- Lead Generation and Appointment Setting—Know When to Pull the Trigger and Outsource VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
- Generating Qualified Leads is Number One Issue for New Members of the SLMA VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011
- New Response Databases - Valuable Resource for B2B Marketers? VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, MAY 23, 2011
- Want to Improve Your Sales? Start Reading. VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2011
- What I Learned From Steve Jobs VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
- He was in grave danger; there was only one way out VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011
- Who gets your vote as history’s top twenty women? And the winners are… VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
- “You Can’t Catch Water With A Fist” VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2011
- Takeaways from BtoB's NetMarketing Breakfast in Boston VIEWPOINT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
- What if CRM had not been invented? VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2011
- Meaningful Engagement Yields Revenue from Online Lead Generation VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2011
- What I learned at Dreamforce 2011 VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- 4 Things to Consider Before You Buy Marketing Automation VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2011
- The Science of Creating Demand, Upon Demand, When Demand is Needed VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011
- Revenue Performance Management: Doing For Revenue What ERP Does For Ops? VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2011
- Low-Hanging Fruit, “Operation Bounty” and the Problem with Having Too Many Orchard Crates VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011
- Improve Sales Performance with 3 “Art of Sales Management” Functions VIEWPOINT | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011
- Prospect Development Program Jumpstarts Manufacturer’s Channel Sales VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2011
- A Healthcare Information Technology Lead Generation Success Story VIEWPOINT | THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2011
- A Good Laugh from a New Sales Lead Management Cartoon Series VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2011
- These Updated Takes on B2B Lead Generation Strategies May Surprise You VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, MARCH 14, 2011
- Why I Wrote The Truth About Leads VIEWPOINT | MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
- RainToday.com's Podcast: Marketing & Selling Professional Services VIEWPOINT | TUESDAY, MARCH 29, 2011
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.