| || |
|Page 1 of 2 || Previous | Next |
| | BIZNOLOGY
JUNE 16, 2010 Is marketing more than a trick?
Image by jeffreylcohen via Flickr. I'm a bit hesitant about writing this post, and I took great care in crafting the headline, because I have had a bad experience writing about this subject in the past. But I think it's too important not to talk about, because we live in a world where marketing has been reduced to nothing more than mere technique. trick. The inside angle. The trick. Just tell them.
| | BIZNOLOGY
JUNE 30, 2010 What's a Facebook fan worth?
Image via Wikipedia. I've had a few clients ask me recently what a Facebook fan is worth. hate seeing the crestfallen looks on their faces when I tell them, "Zero." They are immediately puzzled, however, because they know that I am an advocate of using social media for marketing. Let me explain myself. If you think about it, most Facebook fans are already your customers. And customers. Not much.
| || || |
| | BIZNOLOGY
DECEMBER 2, 2010 Location Marketing for the SMB
Image by The Library of Congress via Flickr. Local Internet marketing is getting a fair amount of attention these days, and for good reason. People search for stuff to do, places to go, and things to buy on a local level, and they are increasingly turning to the Internet for the information they need. It can certainly be confusing and daunting even to the most savvy SMB marketer. Confused?
| | BIZNOLOGY
NOVEMBER 18, 2010 What's the point of foursquare, anyway?
Image via CrunchBase. by Eva Lyford. Occasionally, I am asked what the point of foursquare is. OK, more than occasionally—a lot. think people see a lot of potential in the app generally, but aren't quite sure how to use it. That's an easy question for me. From my standpoint, it's just a game—a game with some interesting social features. I'll leave out describing how foursquare works, since there are already iconic descriptions of foursquare functionality. If I'm nearby and a friend checks in to my local lunch spot, I can drop in to say hi. Love you, dear. I win the game.
| | BIZNOLOGY
OCTOBER 27, 2010 Can the Yellow Pages Beat Google?
Image via Wikipedia. After reading that headline, you'll be forgiven if you think that I've finally gone off the deep end (and I am not a particularly strong swimmer). But the venerable old Yellow Pages does have some distinct advantages over Google that have not been exploited, which I've shared with several regional Yellow Pages companies over the years. The nerve of them!)
| | BIZNOLOGY
DECEMBER 7, 2010 Does Your Marketing Solve Your Customers' Problems?
Image via Wikipedia. I've often counseled that you need to solve your customers' problems to be a successful Internet marketer. For B2B businesses, you might be able to figure out how to do that. But some businesses seem to have a much bigger challenge. mean, what problem can K-mart solve? It would have been easy for them to give up and just push merchandise, but they didn't.
| || || || |
BIZNOLOGY Get your CEO to say Y-E-S to SEO
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2010
Image by oooh.oooh via Flickr. by Tim Peter. So, you're trying to finish up your budget for next year and, just like last year, you're trying to get funding for much-needed SEO work on your site. For whatever reason, you've never been able to persuade your CEO of the importance of organic search. Oh, he says that he gets it, but it never seems to make the cut when the final budgets are approved. You're used to it, because it seems to go the same way each year. But this year is different. It seems your CEO has heard that your #1 competitor ranks ahead of you on Google. What's in it for the CEO? MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Should SMBs care about Yahoo Local and Bing Local?
| FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2010
Image by renaissancechambara via Flickr. by Frank Reed. As the local component of the online space continues to heat up, it is starting to get very crowded. There is Google, Facebook, Groupon, foursquare, Gowalla, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, IYP, YellowBook, Merchant Circle, InsiderPages etc, etc., —the list goes on and on. As with anything in life, if there are a lot of options, you are either happy for the choices or confused and frustrated by too many options. In the local Internet marketing space there are two real category breaks in the local game. On one side you have local services. MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Unskewing the Web: Curators as filters
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2010
Image by prettyflower via Flickr. by Aaron Kim. This is my final post on the skewed Web. In the early days of Web 2.0 awareness, much was said about the new —now old—Web being all about participation: in the age of User-Generated Content , everybody and their mother became a publisher, leveling the playing field. An independent blogger could potentially be more influential than a New York Times columnist, and the role of editors in identifying and promoting relevant content would be seeing their last days. History now teaches a different lesson, but only to those who will listen. (.) MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Does honesty in business pay off?
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2010
Image by Premshree Pillai via Flickr. My wife and I ordered breakfast in a busy diner and the waitress returned the omelets we had ordered, except my wife soon discovered that hers had the wrong kind of cheese. Our waitress had already left our table, and was extremely busy. Linda and I were both very hungry, so she ate what she had been given, even thought it was not what she wanted. So, after all of that, why did we still decide to give the waitress the same tip we usually would? It all had to do with what happened next. Instead, she 'fessed up. We really respected that. An "Oh, no!" MORE >>
BIZNOLOGY Are SMBs Slowing Down on Social Media Usage?
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
Image by fredcavazza via Flickr. by Frank Reed. realize that the terms "social media" and "slowing down" are never to be used in the same post (let alone a headline!) according to the Secret Brotherhood of the Social Media Industry Public Relations and Hype Machine (the SBSMIPRHM for short ;-) ) but I did it. Well, this week I came across a report that was put together by Network Solutions and some folks from the University of Maryland and I was a little surprised by one chart in particular. Of the most interest to me was the drop in usage of blogs by the SMB crowd. Why is that? MORE >>
- Will the World Cup be the next social media frenzy? BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, JUNE 6, 2010
- On Leaks and Privacy and Social Media BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2010
- Conquer CyberOverload BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010
- In Technology We Trust BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- Growing your business in a world without Google BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
- The Importance of Google Place Pages in the B2B Space BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2010
- Terms of Engagement for Social Media Marketing BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2010
- Marketers must be professional speakers BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2010
- When is social search coming? What? It's here? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2010
- Are you counting on magical marketing? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2010
- Is digital marketing becoming location, location, location? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2010
- What's your goal for social media? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2010
- Is Mayer's Move to Local for Google a Demotion? Not the Way I See It BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
- A Skewed Web: Innovation is in the outskirts of social media BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- Marketing is changing--are you? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, AUGUST 2, 2010
- FIFA World Cup: Social Media Roundup BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, JULY 5, 2010
- 2011: The Year of the Online SMB BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2010
- 10 Tips for Selling Search to the C-Suite BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2010
- What Groupon Showed Us About Google BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2010
- Singular and Plural Keywords Are Not Always the Same for SEO BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2010
- What's the next shoe to drop from Google? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010
- SEO Grows Up BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010
- Ours Go to Eleven! Truth in Social Media Monitoring BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2010
- Is the mobile activity you are counting really mobile? BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- In search marketing, focus on what's important BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2010
- Mind the Gap between Marketing and Value BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
- When Social Media Is Against the Law BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010
- How do you get started in social media? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- Why did my e-mail campaign get such a low response? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
- What if your boss only wants to measure brand awareness? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
- Content Anticipation: E-mails From Greg Laurie Are Enough BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, AUGUST 8, 2010
- What does your business stand for? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JULY 13, 2010
- Why won't certain companies adopt social media? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JUNE 3, 2010
- Are You Ready for Auto SEO? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2010
- Are you keeping up with Google? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2010
- Do you know how to listen in social media? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- Does an In-House SEO Have a Fool for a Client? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2010
- How to Run a Webinar BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010
- Living the Local Life on the Road BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- When is a search problem not a search problem? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- A different kind of Facebook privacy issue BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2010
- In digital marketing, sometimes the enemy is us BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2010
- Does experimental marketing require lots of customers? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
- Forget Global! Think Local and Act Local BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
- Your SEO Will Get Along with Google Instant BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
- Is the Web dead? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2010
- Content with Intent: Re-Create Yourself BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- Is Microsoft losing its grip? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- How do I improve our online reputation? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
- Win in Social Media by Treating Employees Right BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010
- My CMO doesn't think search marketing is "sexy" BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2010
- What if my competitor is fabricating bad reviews? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2010
- Search Goes Social--Where Should You Go? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2010
- Who's Boss Tweet? Twitter dominates election politics BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- Can search marketing lower my conversion rate? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2010
- Will the visual design of your pages help your SEO? BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2010
- Do Your SEO Tactics Work for Everyone? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2010
- Are microchips the enemy? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010
- Content with Intent: Educate Your Audience BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2010
- Content Anticipation in Decline: The Sunday Newspaper BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 2010
- You're important when you're marked "Not Spam" BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JULY 30, 2010
- See You in September Redux BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
- Content Aggregation and Curation Debated BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2010
- Untangled Web: The Internet Keeps Changing Marketing BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
- Local Search with Google Makes One Think - A Lot BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2010
- What are you optimizing your pages for? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2010
- Are you making irrational marketing decisions? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2010
- Google Place Pages: Beyond the Ranking BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2010
- How do you give Google what it wants? BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- Do online reviews matter to your existing customers? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2010
- Google Instant: It's the Usability Stupid! BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2010
- How to Succeed at Affiliate Marketing BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2010
- Adapting to a Social Media Fast BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2010
- Content with Intent: Validate Your Authority BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Content with Intent: Entertain Your Audience BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2010
- Content with Intent: Inform Your Audience BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2010
- How Good B2B Marketers Cheat BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010
- My interview with Paul Gillin on SEO BIZNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010
- How do I avoid the duplicate content penalty? BIZNOLOGY | SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
- Marketing the Mom and Pop Shop Way BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JULY 16, 2010
- When are you operating in public? BIZNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2010
- Words As Cover Ups for Content Marketing's "Secret" BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010
- Yahoo! Writes a Style Guide? BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010
- T-Mobile Curates Web Content BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
- How do you know what is search spam? BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, JUNE 28, 2010
- Are you fighting social media? BIZNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JUNE 8, 2010
- Small biz starved for Internet marketing knowledge BIZNOLOGY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2010
- For SEO, you need a story to tell BIZNOLOGY | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2010
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.