| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | AVITAGE
JUNE 13, 2012 Video — the second best way to create for content marketing
Content marketing has created a content conundrum. Content marketing is fundamentally about creating buyer relevant, education oriented content, that supports the buying team as they progress through a buying journey. With this shift from vendor to buyer orientation comes great pressure on traditional content production methods and costs. Blogs have emerged as the best way to create for content marketing. They are foundational to this endeavor. We know from blog work this content must be created consistently. One customer commented, “I need a constant stream of fresh content.”
| | AVITAGE
JUNE 19, 2012 Content Curation in Practice
My day started like most days. opened and read email, a few blogs and checked out Twitter streams. An article about recent research results on content marketing spend caught my eye. As I glanced at it (how seldom we really read things these days) data about the surge in video use and planned growth caught my eye. So, what did I do? copied the URL and forwarded it to colleagues with a note, “this is interesting, you should read this.” ” We all do this, don’t we? Then my brain fired off a content marketing principle: acquire. This required less than 5 minutes.
| || || |
| | AVITAGE
FEBRUARY 19, 2013 Learnings From A Content Strategy Hangout
I “watched” last week’s Google+ Hangout lead by the team at Velocity Partners in the UK: Content That Stands Out: A Content Strategy Google+ Hangout. The link will take you to the recorded show, or click the video image below. have learned we tend to apply new technologies initially, by using old paradigms. Google hangouts are a new technology most likely requiring a new paradigm.
| | AVITAGE
AUGUST 6, 2012 Talking head video
Talking head video is the lowest form of video. It should be minimized as much as possible. It is certainly boring, and generally not very effective. It’s also a poor use of the video medium. Let’s look at why. Talking head is completely dependent on the attractiveness and delivery expertise of the talking head. Television news professionals, arguably some of the best on camera talent that exists, long ago learned the importance of “b-roll” because of the difficulty of on camera delivery. They know talking head loses attention somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds.
| | AVITAGE
JUNE 11, 2012 New Criteria for Video
Let’s make a video! What images immediately come to mind? Gotta get a camera, lights, green screen, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, etc.? What about skepticism? Is it worth it? Will it work? Will the useful life be longer than 4 months? What distractions and un-intended costs will you face? And, what are the true costs? Traditional Video Thinking I’d like to introduce you to a different way of thinking about video. We find it useful to think in three broad quality categories. Voice-over animated graphics, images and even video elements are typical of this category.
| | AVITAGE
APRIL 9, 2012 Selling to On-Demand Buyers
Most of us are well aware the world of B2B buying has gone through fundamental shifts in the last five to ten years. Why hasn’t the way we sell fundamentally changed as well? We all feel the perception from buyers that, to them, all vendors and their products look pretty much the same (undifferentiated value). We know too well the difficulty of identifying and engaging new prospects in sales conversations (generating leads). Our CRM monitored sales process reveals protracted buying timeframes (longer sales cycles and higher costs). Most of which you found only marginally useful.
| || || || |
AVITAGE Got content challenges? Apply the problem-cause model.
| MONDAY, JULY 23, 2012
Serious practitioners of content marketing inevitably face significant content challenges. review of surveys and discussions of top content challenges reveals the operational nature of the underlying causes of many of these challenges. However, I seldom see content strategy guidelines address operational issues. This is a major shortcoming of current thinking. Strategy and planning for content marketing is a different and complex task for most newcomers. But if you look at the real issues practitioners who have gone before you face, you will want to figure this out quickly. MORE >>
AVITAGE Content Marketing Discussion With Marketing Made Simple TV
| THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012
This week I had the privilege of joining Joe Pulizzi of Junta42 and Doug Kessler of Velocity Partners on an online video discussion hosted by Jeff Ogden‘s Marketing Made Simple TV online show. Takeaways and Insights Content Strategy — This is the starting point and essential first step for an effective and efficient content marketing initiative. We must get this right or we will experience weak and misaligned work products, delayed and inefficient execution, and limited results. There are clear and agreed upon models for content strategy. Disciplined work is required. MORE >>
AVITAGE IDG On Connecting the Dots Between Content and Sales
| THURSDAY, MARCH 28, 2013
The opening lines, and most of the lines that followed, really grabbed my attention: “Marketers spent more than $40 billion on custom media in 20111. B2B marketers are allocating one-third of their budgets to content marketing, and more than half plan to increase content marketing spending in 20132. However, as many IT marketers are discovering, content marketing is a complex practice that requires insights not just into what type of content to develop and deliver, but when and how to deliver these assets to ensure maximum engagement.” MORE >>
AVITAGE My customers don’t use social media
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2012
This post is for my current and future clients who think they won’t deal with social media because their customers don’t “use” it. This thinking is the first cousin to the “we’re different” thinking that every vendor encounters when they try to bring proven solutions to new prospects. Both limit easily achievable possibilities. What does that mean, “use social media”? Is Twitter or Facebook the image you carry? OK, but ask yourself these questions: do your customers conduct online research, do they use Google? MORE >>
AVITAGE Avitage Blog- Create and deliver content like publishers to sell to on.
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Avitage Blog- Create and deliver content like publishers to sell to on. AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Change Selling Behavior — Really? AVITAGE | THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2013
- Continuously Acquire Customer Stories, Insights, and Ideas AVITAGE | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2013
- How to Produce 200 Videos for the Channel AVITAGE | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012
- Who’s going to stock the pond? AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2012
- I Need a Plan for 200 Videos for the Channel AVITAGE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- New Thinking About Video Opens New Video Usecases AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2012
- 7 reasons an internal slide share library is an imperative AVITAGE | TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2012
- No Marketing Momentum? What Now? AVITAGE | MONDAY, JULY 30, 2012
- 35 Days to Great First Sales Meetings AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- One Hour Content Marketing Reality Check AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2013
- I Need A Plan for 200 Videos for the Channel, Chapter Five AVITAGE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
- Deciding to Build 200 Videos for the Channel, Chapter Four AVITAGE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
- The Role of Content in the B2B IT Buying Process AVITAGE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2012
- I Need 200 Videos for the Channel, Chapter Two AVITAGE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- But it is so easy to Buy Technology AVITAGE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
- Asking the Right Questions of Your Marketing Scoreboard AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2012
- Rethinking Video AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012
- Yogi Berra on Content Marketing AVITAGE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2012
- Four Lessons You Should Learn from Publishers AVITAGE | FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2012
- Create Video Without A Camera AVITAGE | TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2012
- Why Create Content Like a Publisher? AVITAGE | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Best Practice B2B Resource Center as a Hub for Relevant Content Delivery & Lead Nurturing AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- Video — it doesn’t have to be this way AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2012
- Theory of Postponement and Content Marketing AVITAGE | MONDAY, AUGUST 6, 2012
- To lower video costs while volume grows, change your process AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2012
- Another Case for Marketing and Sales Collaboration AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Reflections on Sales Call Preparation Checklist AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Additional Thoughts on 10 Rainmaker Principles AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Content and Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2011 AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Why Create Content Like a Publisher? AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Lead Nurturing and the Inside Sales / Telesales Role AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- What “Job” Do You Want Content to Do? AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Are You Communicating Synchronously in an Asynchronous World? AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Content Marketing Best Practices from Joe Pulizzi AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Customer Interviews for Marketing and Selling Content AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Content Governance in the Content Marketing Era AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Ready or Not, Here’s Your Content Challenge AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Content Publishing vs. Traditional “Point Production” Process AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Content Marketing Support Resource AVITAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Move Beyond Concept to Create Content Like a Publisher AVITAGE | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- New Thought Leadership Metric for Buyer Driven Markets AVITAGE | FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2012
B2B Marketing Zone can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.